Waterville Valley 3/10/2013 - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Whatever happened to the the expansion rumors that were floating around a year or two ago? Is that still being considered/pursued?

Quote Originally Posted by St. Bear View Post
    Whatever happened to the the expansion rumors that were floating around a year or two ago? Is that still being considered/pursued?
    I've been out of the know for quite a few years but from my recollection the expansion was to be essentially above Lower Meadows. I believe that would make any expansion blue or green terrain that again empties into a novice area. In other words, not exactly a great expansion for advanced skiers. Again, my information could be outdated.
    Quiver:
    Rossignol Experience 88 - 172cm (All Mountain)
    Rossignol 9SL - 161 (SL carver)
    Rossignol WC GS - 181cm (GS carver)
    Rossignol Z10 - 162cm (Bumps, crud & park)
    Rossignol Super 7 - 180cm (Powder)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
    I've been out of the know for quite a few years but from my recollection the expansion was to be essentially above Lower Meadows. I believe that would make any expansion blue or green terrain that again empties into a novice area. In other words, not exactly a great expansion for advanced skiers. Again, my information could be outdated.
    It seems you're right. For some reason, I thought it would be on Mt. Tecumseh.

Quote Originally Posted by mlkrgr View Post
    Waterville is a value option for the big mountains
    $73 weekend is a value option? You mean a value as compared to Stowe and Sugarbush?
    -Steve
    TheSnowWay.com "Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life." - Otto Schniebs

Quote Originally Posted by riverc0il View Post
    $73 weekend is a value option? You mean a value as compared to Stowe and Sugarbush?
    Good point! We never pay full price to go anywhere! At a maximum, we often ski where we can use a 2 fer! They are available from a huge number of sources! Saturday and Sundays! Look at my signature - not one full price day!

2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Thread Information