Is ski season done once spring skiing starts? - Page 8

AlpineZone

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    My wife is the Mom that was with her kids skiing Haynes! She loves Mother's Day at Jay Peak! My son is a ski instructor, skis twice per weekend between Christmas vacation up to the winter break that ends at the beginning of March, yet for him he is done! Obviously we did not raise him right!

Well - yard work has to wait if it does not get done during the week! A few of our favorite stops are Ragged for the pond skim, Bretton Woods - great deck for spring and Jay Peak every Easter!
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

I blew out my ACL when I was in my late 20's playing intramural hockey in grad school. I had it repaired in my late 30's per doctor telling that he would be doing a knee replacment in a few years. I wore a custom brace to ski and play hockey and even golf. Knee would still pop out. It would hurt like a bastard for a few minutes and then I was good to go again. After the repair, it is night and day. It is still due to lack of cartilidge but as long as I move. No problems.

Get it fixed!!!!!!!!!!!
    Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by steamboat1 View Post
    You my friend need to get yourself to the gym.
    My legs are fine - I bike 12 - 20 miles several times per week. Along with an ACL replacement, 1/3 of my menicus was removed on the inner side of the leg that got repaired so I ski the bumps when I need to, ski them when I want to but I don't go looking for them as much any more! But after a day of too much bump skiing or skiing glades that get bumped out - I feel it! That is just the way it is and it really does not bother me! There are plenty of ways to have fun skiing that do not involve moguls!
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

My left ACL is partially torn, and I was told the same thing, strengthen it and you won't have any issues. Since then, I wrestled in college, played rugby for 6 years, and now ski and run without any real issue. Sometimes it bothers me, but I think that has more to do with my dislocated patella (twice) than the ACL.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Rex View Post
    But it's great to hit big jumps without the threat of shattering your face on a boilerplate landing.
    Sadly I ended my spring skiing a few years back this way. Slower snow meant I got almost all the height but didn't get the distance and cased the big one at Waterville. Phuque that hurt! Bruised my heel, couldn't ski another run that day and couldn't ski the remaining month after that. Should have stuck to the bumps.

Quote Originally Posted by dlague View Post
    Saddleback & Crotched Mountain - 2/3/2013
    Night skiing after a long a$$ drive?
    Quiver:
    Rossignol Experience 88 - 172cm (All Mountain)
    Rossignol 9SL - 161 (SL carver)
    Rossignol WC GS - 181cm (GS carver)
    Rossignol Z10 - 162cm (Bumps, crud & park)
    Rossignol Super 7 - 180cm (Powder)

Quote Originally Posted by Cannonball View Post
    F*** the lawn! Get dlague's kid to mow your lawn, he doesn't want to go at this point anyway.
    100% agree! Actually - I really do not do much to mine until May - I try not to encourage grass growth! That would be counter-skiing! However, we will have another son in soccer which throws a wrench but hopefully only once per weekend! Thankfully our our oldest at home son plays HS Lacrosse and games are during the week!
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

Quote Originally Posted by Cannonball View Post
    F*** the lawn! Get dlague's kid to mow your lawn, he doesn't want to go at this point anyway.
    I have the elves do mine. I am leaving off the ethinicity of my elves though to be PC.

Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Thread Information