• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Chugach Powder Guides - Girdwood, AK - March 4, 2013

WoodCore

Dates Skied: March 4, 2013

Resort/Ski Area Skied: Chugach Powder Guides - Girdwood, AK

Conditions: Tracked Powder, Powder, Deep Powder, Windblown Powder

Had the opportunity to sweeten the honeymoon a bit and go cat skiing with the bride and some close friends during our vacation. I'd never been cat skiing before and I was not disappointed! After donning our avi-beacons and going over the safety stuff the snowcat picked us right outside the hotel. Within 35 minutes we were up at the top of a huge bowl with almost of 2,000 feet of vert back down to the pickup spot. Our guides were great and showed us to all the stashes of fresh snow in the cat skiing area. We did roughly ten laps during the day and only skied the same patch of snow once. They had lunch for us right up on the hill during the day and by the last run I was spent. Although we didn't have super fresh snow, there was plenty of umtracked powder and the weather was absolutely stunning!! Money well spent and highly recommended to anyone who has the opportunity.

Here's the pictures...........

And some video

Last edited:

skiking4

Nice! I'm actually surprised how many other tracks there are though...