• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

FS: Snowboard Arbor Element 166. Koa topsheet. It's an Arbor....

Cannonball

You've admired them in the liftlines and shops, Arbor boards are beautiful works of art as well as amazing rides.

I'm conflicted about this but I think it's time to sell off my Arbor. I have too many other boards that I ride day-to-day and it just doesn't seem right for this gorgeous Koa board to sit at home in the dark. Someone should be riding it. This is A LOT of board and not recommended for beginners 166cm and stiff. It's at it's best in pow, groomers, and at high speeds. If you like to go fast, and look good doing it, this is for you.

fullfrontal.jpg
base.jpg
element66.jpg

Full disclosure: It has been ridden. It has a few dings. I'd rather show them here than waste your time later if these bother you:
Top sheet took a hit 2 weeks ago at Mittersil:
topsheet.jpg

Small bent edge from 3 seasons ago. I don't notice it when riding and haven't attempted to fix it:
bentedge.jpg

I'd really like to see someone riding this and enjoying it. Otherwise my wife's going to end up hanging it on the wall because it's so pretty and she's sad when it sits in the basement while her Arbor is outside getting lots of love.

$275 takes it away. It's in Lincoln NH right now, but I can transport it back and forth from there to SE MA or anywhere in between. I'm even driving to Philly on 4/5 if any of you in the NJ, NY, CT area are interested.

Cannonball

Gonna Bump this one last time with a major price drop to $175.

I have an offer from someone in UT for $200 but it'll cost me $$ to ship. I would rather see that extra money passed on as a savings to somebody here instead of given to FedEx. A gorgeous board!

dmw

Thinking about it. What model year is it? A bit bigger than I've been riding, but may work.

Cannonball

Thinking about it. What model year is it? A bit bigger than I've been riding, but may work.

It's 2006(ish). Definitely an older model. But it has less than 30 days on it. It was literally like the T-Bird your grandma kept in the garage and never drove. I bought it a few years old but it was completely unused. Then I rode it as a part-time board for a couple of seasons.

As much as I want to make the sale, I don't want you to be unhappy so I'm not gonna lie to you. It's a big board. All my boards are in the 161-166 range and I feel every cm of this 166. But I love that!!! It's not a one quiver board. But it turns heads and it's a rocket. Let me know. If you happen to be at Cannon this weekend you could even take it for test drive.

dmw

I think I gotta hold off for now unfortunately. What's your weight and height? I'm 5'10 or 11 on a good day, and about 170; I don't think I should go much over 160cm unless you told me you didn't notice the size.

Cannonball

I'm the same: Like to call myself 5'11" but my Drs office insists I'm 5'10. 175-185 depending holidays. 44 years old, but surprisingly still flexible despite a workout routine limited to beer drinking.

I'm probably more masochistic than I should be. I like riding a big board, I like stiff boots, I like painfully tight bindings. I have a very forward stance because I mostly like to point it straight until my helmet lifts off my head. But with that said, more than anything I like riding tight trees. I have taken this Arbor through stupid steep, tight spaces. I haven't noticed an issue. But then my riding partners just ask me: "Why do you do that to yourself? Get a 156 rockered board...It's easy!". I'd like to say it's just because I'm not a pus and can hack it. But more likely it's just that I'm dense.

I'm a terrible salesman. But that's the deal.

Oh, but I will add this about board size.... My wife (whose much smarter and smaller than me) rides a 161 Arbor, a 161 Ride, and a 163 splitboard. She refuses to go shorter. And she kills it.

KD7000

Big carving boards are vastly underrated, only because the "popular" trend leans towards little park boards.

This thing is gorgeous. I'd buy it, but I only have the budget for one board in my quiver.

C-Rex

People only rail against larger, cambered boards because they aren't good enough to ride them. They aren't as forgiving as hybrids or rocker boards but they will always carve and respond much better. I'd be all over this if I were a little taller. I'm only 5'7" on a tall day. I'm really surprised you haven't found a buyer yet. At that price, that beautiful board would be worth having just to put on the wall. Shit, maybe I'll buy it and hang it over my fireplace...