• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Natural Snow Trails

Groom Natural Snow Trails

• Total voters

LiquidFeet

I was surprised at the number of people on Upper/Middle Hardscrapple and Vista Way this last weekend. They have been full of glare ice, exposed granite, and grass for two weeks. A couple of inches fell on top of that scattered over 2-3 nights recently, with warm days in between.

These trails clearly called for rock skis.

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
Then what is? I am saying do not groom natural snow trails

Maybe I'm wrong, but I understood the point of this thread to be whether occasional grooming could improve the life of natural snow trails.

If you run a groomer over a trail once a season, I'd say that it's an overreaction to worry about skiing slick old hard groomed snow, but you would be skiing natural trails longer.

Puck it

I was surprised at the number of people on Upper/Middle Hardscrapple and Vista Way this last weekend. They have been full of glare ice, exposed granite, and grass for two weeks. A couple of inches fell on top of that scattered over 2-3 nights recently, with warm days in between.

These trails clearly called for rock skis.

Vista was awesome Saturday. I do not know what you are talking about. Glare ice?

LiquidFeet

I didn't ski it this last weekend. Before that there was glare ice up there. It must have snowed more than I heard.

Puck it

FYI

Trails groomed: Groomers smoothed out 40+ trails overnight including a few passes on Vista Way, as well as winching on Avalanche, Paulie's Folly, and Zoomer. See the trail report for a complete breakdown.