I wish I was skiing today. - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck it View Post
    And has gone one step farther!!!
    His 16 year old skied with us. The kid could rip.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Are you going? I'm doing a videography thing this Saturday but maybe I can go up ahead of time.
    I won't be there, my daughter has a thing at noon.
    Whatever hits the fan will not be distributed evenly.

Shawangunk great hiking and biking in this area fun getting high in the mountains of Hudson VAlle!
    I always want to ski, it such a fun fun thing to do.
    Got to get high upb oh so high up and enjoy the mountains .

Quote Originally Posted by wa-loaf View Post
    Skied one day with a friend of one my buddies. He's a surgeon in SLC and was saying how he'll work in the morning, head up in the afternoon to ski for a few hours, and then head back to work for awhile.
    If I could have a conversation with my 18 year old self today, I would say, "Suck it up for 12 years and go through the med school process and become a MD. Even if you don't become a doctor in a ski town, you can ski 100 days a year no problem from your slick slope side condo." Most of the MDs I work with only work about 30 weeks a year. Life would suck for those 12 years after high school, but the pay off would be so worth it in the long run. Work 30 weeks a year until your 50, then retire.

I'm grateful for the few ski bum years I had in my early 20s, but I traded those few for a much longer working life and far fewer ski bum years on the retirement side of life down the road.
    Killington 11/11; Crotched 12/1,12/15, 12/19, 12/27, 12/31, 1/2, 1/8, 1/10, 1/22, 1/28, 2/5, 2/17 Attitash, 12/12, 1/9; Wildcat 12/30, Suicide Six 1/13; Smuggs, 1/14; Cannon, 2/2; Sugarloaf 2/7, 2/8, 2/9
    07-08, 08-09 09-10 10-11
    11-12 12-13

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    If I could have a conversation with my 18 year old self today, I would say, "Suck it up for 12 years and go through the med school process and become a MD. Even if you don't become a doctor in a ski town, you can ski 100 days a year no problem from your slick slope side condo." Most of the MDs I work with only work about 30 weeks a year. Life would suck for those 12 years after high school, but the pay off would be so worth it in the long run. Work 30 weeks a year until your 50, then retire.

I'm grateful for the few ski bum years I had in my early 20s, but I traded those few for a much longer working life and far fewer ski bum years on the retirement side of life down the road.
    I hear you. There's lots of stuff I would tell my 18 year old self today lol. We all had our blank canvas and made our choices and I'm definitely envious of those who seemed to have made all the right ones.

Bah, that seems like doing things the hard way.

Suck it up for two years, learn how to program, come up with a great idea and sell it. These kids make it look easy. It's hard to believe youtube has only been around eight years....

http://www.incomediary.com/top-young-entrepreneurs

I know a few people who have gone to med school in their late 30's early 40s.
    Whatever hits the fan will not be distributed evenly.

I hope to move back to NH sometime in the future. Before that happens, I have to finish the renovations on my house, sell it, and find a job. Yet, despite that, I am not only looking at houses in NH, but I am researching season passes, and trying to figure out what would be my best options to ski.

I definitely have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by wa-loaf View Post
    I know a few people who have gone to med school in their late 30's early 40s.
    I commend folks who do that. I wouldn't have the energy to take on something like that at this stage in my life; nor the undergrad GPA to get in!
    Killington 11/11; Crotched 12/1,12/15, 12/19, 12/27, 12/31, 1/2, 1/8, 1/10, 1/22, 1/28, 2/5, 2/17 Attitash, 12/12, 1/9; Wildcat 12/30, Suicide Six 1/13; Smuggs, 1/14; Cannon, 2/2; Sugarloaf 2/7, 2/8, 2/9
    07-08, 08-09 09-10 10-11
    11-12 12-13

I commend folks who do that. I wouldn't have the energy to take on something like that at this stage in my life; nor the undergrad GPA to get in!
    I speak from experience when I say that GPA is only a small part of the admissions requirement.

Shawangunk great hiking and biking in this area fun getting high in the mountains of Hudson VAlle!
    That what my cousin is doing now, he is 36 and commuting to NYC for political science PhD, and has no time for anything else.

Got to get high upb oh so high up and enjoy the mountains .

Thread Information