Which ski area has the best Bar/Pub! - Page 8

AlpineZone

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by bootladder View Post
    Puck it, didn't know you were a brewer too. I haven't in a while, but brewed a lot back when all you could get was miller, bud, coors, pabst, etc.

Funniest thing heard in the Cannonball Pub two weekends ago; waitress "Would you like something to drink?" alex "Yes an HSA" waitress "How do you spell that?"
    Wait, what? Assuming I'm the Alex in this story, who are you? Chris?

Quote Originally Posted by Cannonball View Post
    Wait, what? Assuming I'm the Alex in this story, who are you? Chris?

No, I'm Alex.
    Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

I just got into homebrewing. I've made some solidly mediocre beers so far, so I'm pretty stoked about that.

Admittedly biased toward MRG but will note one of the great things about Gen. Stark's Pub is the (usual) availability of Lawson's Finest Liquids on draft - brewed in nearby Warren by the head of MRG's naturalist program, and only available very locally.

Good reasonably priced food too there including some tasty healthy options. One limitation is the windows on the front aren't big enough for a great view of the main mountain but this is addressed in the proposed Base Area Master Plan.

On warm spring afternoons the deck out front is one of the greatest places on Earth.
    '13-14: 12/18 Mt Agamenticus, 12/27 Crotched, 1/4 local, 1/5 local, 2/5 Bradford, 2/7 Bradford, 2/13 local, 2/16 local, 2/18 Magic, 3/1 Crotched, 3/5 local, 3/11 MRG, 3/12 MRG, 3/13 MRG, 3/14 MRG, 3/15 MRG, 3/16 MRG, 3/17 MRG, 4/6 MRG, 4/10 Mt. Cardigan, 4/18 Cannon
    TOTAL: 21 (7 earned, 7 POW, 3 spring corn, 3 different NELSAs, 2 Midnight Madness)

Quote Originally Posted by Puck it View Post
    When it first came out, the label did say brewed by Coors. Blue Moon suffices when there are no others. Hooegarden is pretty good too. If you think they are chick beers then you have not had some of the good ones with high alcohol content.
    I brewed one that was around 8% and it was oat based. It was awesome!!!! Brewed a Scotch ale that was almost 10%!!!! Two 22's and you were not going any where.
    I don't judge a beer's chick status by abv, I judge it by taste and how often chicks drink it. Carton Boat Beer and Founders All Day IPA are two IPAs with abv in the 4s but I would never call them chick beers.

I've been brewing almost two years but haven't tried the Belgian white as a style.

Oh, and Hoegarden is technically a amBev product now, no?
    2014-15
    Mount Snow: 12/5, 12/6, 12/7, 12/20, 12/21, 1/10, 1/11, 1/24, 1/25, 1/31, 2/1, 2/7, 2/8, 2/21, 2/22, 2/28, 3/1, 3/7, 3/8, 3/15, 3/21, 3/22, 3/28, 3/29.

Total Days: 24 total (no April days, no vacation...baby #1 on the way in April!)

"Skiing's the easy part, Karl."

No, I'm Alex.
    Cripes, am I subconsciously stealing identities again?! I know my name is Jason. B...Bour....can't remember the last piece.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Bear View Post
    I just got into homebrewing. I've made some solidly mediocre beers so far, so I'm pretty stoked about that.
    Micro-mediocre brews still sell. The important question is do you have an intriguing name and label? Something slightly risque will cover up several taste points. Try "Squirrel's Nut Zipper" or "That's What She Said". A dog on the label wins points over tastes also. How about "Chocolate Lab Stout"?

Quote Originally Posted by jaywbigred View Post
    I don't judge a beer's chick status by abv, I judge it by taste and how often chicks drink it. Carton Boat Beer and Founders All Day IPA are two IPAs with abv in the 4s but I would never call them chick beers.
    If you can raise the abv while still getting chicks to like the taste and drink it frequently...you have brewed the brew to fill the holy grail. Unfortunately so far the holy grail has continually been found to contain Mike's Hard Lemonade

If you can raise the abv while still getting chicks to like the taste and drink it frequently...you have brewed the brew to fill the holy grail. Unfortunately so far the holy grail has continually been found to contain Mike's Hard Lemonade
    Southern Tier Crème Brulée Stout fits that bill! Damn easy to drink, sweet enough that even most casual female beer drinkers like it, and at 9.6% ABV its got some kick too it in a "stealthy" Mike's Hard Lemonade/Woodchuck Cider/ Smirnoff Ice kind of way
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days '07-'17 seasons: 515 Days

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    Southern Tier Crème Brulée Stout fits that bill! Damn easy to drink, sweet enough that even most casual female beer drinkers like it, and at 9.6% ABV its got some kick too it in a "stealthy" Mike's Hard Lemonade/Woodchuck Cider/ Smirnoff Ice kind of way
    Sounds like panty peeler, if I've ever heard it.

Micro-mediocre brews still sell. The important question is do you have an intriguing name and label? Something slightly risque will cover up several taste points. Try "Squirrel's Nut Zipper" or "That's What She Said". A dog on the label wins points over tastes also. How about "Chocolate Lab Stout"?
    I was thinking something with a bear and a halo, but I like your idea much better. I probably don't even have to brew a chocolate flavored stout and it would sell well.

How did he get it up there? And why a casket?
    The casket was from the no more Village House restaraunt in Franconia.They used it every St.Pats day like an irish funeral and people posed inside it.It turned into a running joke to steal it and bring it somebodys house and leave it.He brought it up the on the tramway and dragged it down to the rock with a rope on either end.Later that day they made it all the way to the bottom using the same method.When I got to my ski house at that time in Franconia later that night,I found it on my downstairs bar!Not sure where it ended up now.

SIKSKIER

Thread Information