• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Arcadia National Park - Maine

wa-loaf

So I need to plan this as a fall vacation and plan something else for the summer now?

Depends on your tolerance for crowds. Fall colors there are pretty spectacular, but then it could also be rainy for a week.

mlkrgr

So I need to plan this as a fall vacation and plan something else for the summer now?

For summer, you should start planning now. I wouldn't surprised if Blackwoods CG is full for now and you are stuck at a private CG if you are doing that. If you need to go to a private CG, Hadley's Point is very good, and then take Smugglers (isn't as good as it used to be and there pricing has went way up but for pricing for 4 adults it is comparatively reasonable as there's no extra charge like some of the other places).

For fall, you can easily get a reservation anywhere you want. The offpeak rates are exceptionally good at the private places ($25 a night) and you can get the $20/night at Blackwoods at last minute. Blackwoods is the best and the cheapest (but maybe not against the offpeak private rates once you figure shower costs)... only thing wrong with it is there's no showers; you have to go to a private place and pay $2 for 4 minutes 1/4 mile from the CG. Do keep in mind that you are forced to pay entrance fees ($20 for 7 day pass or $40 annually) at check in at Blackwoods which is on top of the $20/night site fee so it may not be your first choice if you will only spend a night or two.

Last edited: