• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Goals this Hiking Season - Devils Path, Pemi Loop and Great Range

skiersleft

Any suggestions are much appreciated. As you know, I reached last year's goal when I completed a 3 day 2 night Presi Traverse.

The goals this year are as follow:

- two day, one night Devils Path hike, staying at Devils Tombstone campground.

- 3 day, 2 night Pemi Loop using the huts.

- multi day hike of Great Range in the Dacks.

Any advice? I have no idea where to camp when doing the multi day Great Range hike. Suggestions welcome.

Angus

planning the hut-to-hut 50 miler in 24 hours hike. kind of stupid but why not! wanted to knock off a day hike of wapack trail this winter but didn't happen so maybe it will be a training session in May...still lots of skiing!

Angus

continuous?? How long? documentation? did the pemi traverse in 16 hours but really struggled due to hydration issues the last 10 miles and day hiked the presis with no problem. found that I need to be smarter about nutrition and especially hydration at my advanced age versus when I was younger!

DonnaWalken

Website
www.hikesedona.com
My GF wants to do a one day Presie Traverse so that's on the list. I'd like to do another one day Pemi Loop and see if I can better my time. Probably head up to the Daks to bag some new peaks.

Good luck on this, what's your best time right now? My wife and I are enjoying this much while we haven't got kids.