• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Explosions at Boston Marathon

bigbog

+1 Unfortunately their are many possible home ground and international terrorism who always try this stuff.
Especially since we've been occupying and falling in love with corrupt leaders for a couple countries for over a decade......gee to think that we'd ever do that.... And people are surprised when something like this happens???? Really.....?

Puck it

especially since we've been occupying and falling in love with corrupt leaders for a couple countries for over a decade......gee to think that we'd ever do that.... And people are surprised when something like this happens???? really.....?

stop!!!!!!!!!

Puck it

Your first bomb/explosion closeby?...LOL. Time for BoyScouts to grow up and vote for people who want to take responsibility for foreign policy.... This maybe just a bunch of good ol' red, white, and blue yahoos....someone intent on returning favors is going to bring down much more....

AGAIN STOP with the f'ing politics!!!!!!!!! Not the time or place for it!

Puck it

Multiple sources reporting that a dept. video probably Lord and Taylor has caught the suspect/s on camera at second bobmb sight.

I was riding up the K1 gondola at Killington when I heard about this, with some antisocial guy who just stared ahead when I let out a gasp. I probably looked like a crazy person. One of my friends was running, and so I had other friends who I knew were spectators. One of my friends was standing halfway between the two bombs, as it turns out. Everyone I knew there was not injured, but does it matter, why should I be relieved that people I knew were okay when others were not. I can't really justify making a distinction. The text I received contained a link to one of the more popular photos taken on Twitter. I can't look at photos, watch videos, or listen to recordings of the events since then.

When we got to the top I walked over the railing. I stood there for a good five minutes, staring out at the long spine of the Greens and then over to the east, where I saw the white caps of Moosilauke, Franconia Ridge and Washington, sitting there like old friends. I couldn't then and I can't now reconcile that scene with what I knew was going on. Terrible things like this happen all over the world, every day, and we as a species are responsible for some of them, and innocent victims in others. I can't make a distinction between them all in their awfulness, other than that this one was so close, in a familiar place.

After a while, when I had composed myself a bit, I thought, what should I do now? I didn't know. I clicked on my skis and went down, trying not to cry the whole way.

drjeff

Pretty pathetic to see that some people on social media are upset that the suspect might not fit the description/demographic that they were hoping. Just sad statement as to how shallow far too many people have become

Puck it

Someone posted it on facebook with no link so I'm not sure how credible it is. Certainly would suck to be that guy.
That pic, a guy in a white hat with a blackpack, and a hispanic guy have all been floated around the reddit blogs the last couple of days.

Puck it

Wbz is reporting suspect was black jacket with gray hoodie and baseball cap backwards. He was seen on cellphone at second site at the time of first explosion.