• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Explosions at Boston Marathon

dmc

Until I see a press conference - I don't believe anything...

Rambo

It seems to me that JOURNALISM, in the US has turned into ENTERTAINMENT type reporting, rather than trustworthy factual/accurate NEWS. I think the BBC is more reliable and factual than CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, FOX, NYTimes... etc.

ScottySkis

It seems to me that JOURNALISM, in the US has turned into ENTERTAINMENT type reporting, rather than trustworthy factual/accurate NEWS. I think the BBC is more reliable and factual than CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, FOX, NYTimes... etc.

Channel 13 PBS does a good news cast to, but I agree with you rest of it in the US is crap.

Rambo

New York Post conjures up this bullcrap... the younger guy saw his photo here and went running to the police to clear his name... seem as though - It is a high school track member and his coach.
NEW-YORK-POST-570-2men.jpg

Edd

What's up with busting on the Post? Those headlines are gold! The puns, oh the puns!! And the rhyming!

It called journalism people.

deadheadskier

Staff member

thetrailboss

Staff member
large-1.jpg

Special hat with all proceeds going to the fund for the victims of the bombing. I just ordered mine.

https://www.47brand.com/shop/mlb/bo...d-sox-b-strong-47-brand-cap/product/5546.aspx

ScottySkis

If the media is correct unfortunately MIT officers shot last night, Boston subway shut down now, one suspect dead and one on the louse. Please don't use mass transit in Boston area today they are saying other suspect on the run, hope this ends quickly with no one else getting hurt.
Also the police think he probably has bombs and guns on him the suspect so please please be careful if your in Boston area today.

Last edited:

deadheadskier

Staff member
If these two are indeed the bombers; unless they are complete idiots, I'm guessing these two have to had to have left the country by now.

well, guess they're idiots. Glad one of them is no longer a threat and hope the second is apprehended real soon.

legalskier

RIP to the officer who was murdered last night.

well, guess they're idiots.

Or on a suicide mission. This reminds me of the Mumbai attack (although these two were lying in wait longer). They were determined to go out in a blaze taking as many innocent people with them as possible.

dmw

This has been going on within blocks of my house all night. No sleep after a good spring day at Killington yesterday.