• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

50 mi ride in less than 2 weeks

SKIQUATTRO

my buddy runs a charity golf outing on a Monday as they all are, but for those who dont golf, he has a 50mi ride set up with aid stations etc....I'm going has his guest...I havent been on my bike for over a year....the ride is May 6...not sure i'll be ready in time....

mlctvt

You'll be fine, you stayed in shape skiing right? plus LI is flat.:)
Just try in get in a few short rides first to condition your sit bones. Then pace yourself, most riders go out too fast on organized rides then suffer towards the end.

SKIQUATTRO

tele skiing keeps me in somewhat shape but the copious amounts of Guiness counter act that.....the north shore of LI where we are/ride is is like where i grew in Portland, CT.....hills.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
tele skiing keeps me in somewhat shape but the copious amounts of Guiness counter act that.....the north shore of LI where we are/ride is is like where i grew in Portland, CT.....hills.

Quattro, with all due respect, while the North Shore has more hills than the south shore....it's still quite flat and IMHO is not hilly as far as riding goes. With that said, I'm not anywhere near my fighting weight and would be huffing a 50 mile ride these days even if it was downhill. Lol.