• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Jacket Help....

Aiki1

New here, nice to be here....

Can anyone tell me what order you would rate these jackets from the warmest to the least warm? With sales right now, I'm thinking....

Marmot Treeline
Patagonia Rubicon Rider
MontBell Thermawrap Guide
Marmot Cauldron Hoody

Thanks.

phin

New here, nice to be here....

Can anyone tell me what order you would rate these jackets from the warmest to the least warm? With sales right now, I'm thinking....

Marmot Treeline
Patagonia Rubicon Rider
MontBell Thermawrap Guide
Marmot Cauldron Hoody

Thanks.

If you're looking for an insulated jacket, I can vouch for the Marmot Treeline. I bought it for the 2012/2013 ski season and it was plenty warm. There was only 1 day where I had to layer underneath and that was at Stowe (-30 below).

Aiki1

Thanks for the info. That's good to know. The only jacket I'm having real trouble finding out about is the Marmot Cauldron Hoody - seems pretty warm but no one seems to own one....

bigbog

The Marmot Treeline looks good...it is a ski jacket(not a lot of over-insulation).
The Cauldron is on eBay....more of a non-skiing type of overly-stuffed-with-insulation jacket($.01).
Usually its very difficult to wick off tons of perspiration from overheating with any vigorous activity in heavily insulated jackets..

Last edited:

Aiki1

The Marmot Treeline looks good...it is a ski jacket(not a lot of over-insulation).
The Cauldron is on eBay....more of a non-skiing type of overly-stuffed-with-insulation jacket($.01).
Usually its very difficult to wick off tons of perspiration from overheating with any vigorous activity in heavily insulated jackets..

Thanks, I think you're right about both jackets....

bigbog

Just past experience Aiki1. You never know when new materials are going to hit a homerun.....comparing the materials and specs against the most expensive/successful items is often a safe way to start out.

$.01

AlanKnott

My friend also bought a Jacket recently, it was quite good, forgot to ask him the name of brand. But will ask him, coz I'm also looking for one now.