• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bike racks

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
My buddy has one of these:

AMP%20Bed%20Extender%20Silver.jpg

Works great and we get 4 bikes in easily all the time.

crank

I have a bunch of racks but mostly just put the bike in the car. I have the Thule roof top big mouth kind but they don;t hold every frame so great and have opened on me a few times. Don;t really use them anymore when I did I wound bungee cord the mouth to make it stay shut. I have the kind where you take off the wheel and attach the fork and like those better. I also have a hitch mount that can hold 4 bikes and use that for vacations, camping trips, etc.. The rack was given to me by a friend but I had to buy a bold on hitch mount.

Since i mainly mtb and usually throw the bike in the back of my Highlander I will often have a rack on the roof and stick the bike up there after a particularly muddy ride.

nomad

I had a trunk mounted rack for the past couple years. Over that time it has managed to permanently deform my bumper... I don't like the thought of roof mounts because there's a risk of crashing into branches, garage, etc. I think the best option is hitch mount or inside the vehicle/truck bed.