• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sat april 3rd- mount snow

MrMagic

April 3rd

mount snow VT
wet/ spring cond.

woke up early on sat looked out the window to see NO RAIN! it was time to go skiing, got to the mtn with a friend from collage around 830 and we were out on the slopes soon there after. went right to the north face. there was hardly any one there most likly due to the rain and semi nasty conditions on sat. we wouldnt have went up but we both have spring passes so there was no reason not to. we skied about 25 to 30 runs, 7 hours. it was a great day we only really did one trail free fall, which was all bumped up with hudge mogles!!!!!! one the third run i was hitting a sweet line of bumps i looked down quickly and when i looked up i was out of the line and was heading for a hudge trench of a mogul very fast, so i pop up and over to try to get back in the rymithim but over shot the landing and hit the front side of the next bump with my right ski my pople stuck in and my leg smashe dinto the pole taking me for a rid over that bump and into the trench hard. when i got up i saw my pole was bent in half.! i was able to bend it out a little but i guess im going to have to buy new ones, most likely for next year- oh well. didnt take a lunch break due to the great skiing and even better bumping. we did at one point stop in the summit lodge for water. we were sitting down when my friend said look at that, when i turned to where he was pointing there was this fat brown squaral running around. all the employes were running around trying to get him out of the lodge and let me just say this he was a lot smarter than the people trying to catch him! :lol: after the break we skied a little more than i switched to telmark. only did that for an hour or so than it was back to alpine skied right up untill last lift and than called it a day, so glad its sunday becasue today i feal like iv been run over by a pick up truck!
sorry for the length in summary
- skied sat.
- a lot of bumps
- a great day
chris

skijay

I hope to make it to Mt Snow after Easter, if it's still open.