• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

my arch enemy

2knees

my mortal enemy, my kryptonite, the bane of my exsitence. the god awful plasticesque ties they use to keep every single piece of a toy connected to the cardboard box it comes in. anyone with kids knows what i'm talking about here. who came up with this idea?

yeah, who cares but i feel better now.

merry christmas everyone.

Hawkshot99

My 12th birthday, I got a nerf gun. It had those plastic ties holding it in there real tight. I was using these huge scissors to remove them, and sliced open my arm real deep. The wound was about 1/4" from a big artery.

I dont like them either......

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I agree! Who thought those were a good idea?! Not only do they twist tie everything into the box in about 6 different places, but the twist ties are taped down, too! GRRRRRR!!!!!!

Mike P.

If nuclear materials were this well protected you would not have to worry about the wrong people getting their hands on them!

Sky

Hawk...tough memory pal. Sprry to hear about it.

I no longer have young children in the house...so no more Christmas Eve Assembly events! Certainly a mix of memories. Kids @ Christmas are tons of fun. My adult children are funny @ Christmas.

We had another great event this year....and I hope you all did as well.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
I've got one better. What about those damn plastic (PE or PP probably?) packages that consumer electronics come in, that are all welded together along the whole outside of the package, nearly impossible to cut with scissors and even when you do get them cut, they tear like trying to tear a piece of Tyvek.

Yeah, I hate that stuff.

SkiDork

I've got one better. What about those damn plastic (PE or PP probably?) packages that consumer electronics come in, that are all welded together along the whole outside of the package, nearly impossible to cut with scissors and even when you do get them cut, they tear like trying to tear a piece of Tyvek.

Yeah, I hate that stuff.

Bingo! That stuff REALLY sux.

They setll some sort of tool these days that supposedly cuts the outside edges really easy. I saw it advertised on TV.

I think this might be it:

http://www.myopenx.com/home.htm

And here's another one:

http://www.pyranna.com

But funny thing - it comes in plastic packaging!

JimG.

Staff member
AAAAAAAAaaarrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Yup, I don't care for these packaging methods either.

bvibert

Staff member
Luckily for me the only toy that I had to unpackage so far this year was held in by a single zip-tie that broke after a few minutes of my daughter playing with it while it was still in the box... :)

ALLSKIING

Staff member
my mortal enemy, my kryptonite, the bane of my exsitence. the god awful plasticesque ties they use to keep every single piece of a toy connected to the cardboard box it comes in. anyone with kids knows what i'm talking about here. who came up with this idea?

We all were going through the same thing X-mas morning:lol: :lol: This thread made me laugh 2knees.

NYDrew

i don't like those, but I eventually got the hang of them. soon after they started putting everything in that god aweful bubble pacaging, you know, the type that just doesnt open

Greg

Staff member

My wife had the great idea to take all the toys out of the boxes ahead of time for this Christmas. We spent an hour with a few drinks together last night and did just that. Now this Christmas morning, the kids can just start playing and we can relax with a cup of coffee!

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
My wife had the great idea to take all the toys out of the boxes ahead of time for this Christmas. We spent an hour with a few drinks together last night and did just that. Now this Christmas morning, the kids can just start playing and we can relax with a cup of coffee!
GREAT idea! Your woman is a keeper, Greg! ;)

Warp Daddy

I agree !!

but now i get to watch my adult kids grapple with this PIA :D :D

In my day as a young dad the worst words in the English language were: "SOME assembly required" --Yeah right you miserable, sadistic sobs who make toyz :>)). It was a plot by therapists to drive up business

Just what EVERY parent needed MORE stress in their life --------------------

Merry Christmas to all !!!!!! relax and enjoy

MRGisevil

I don't mind it so much. In the midst of all the chaos that is Xmas, I get into a groove just sitting by the tree unraveling all of my nephew's presents, ignoring everyone.

bvibert

Staff member
I don't mind it so much. In the midst of all the chaos that is Xmas, I get into a groove just sitting by the tree unraveling all of my nephew's presents, ignoring everyone.

Nice, I always like taking on jobs at family gatherings that allow me to be anti-social. Despite my post count on here I'm not a very talkative person.

bill2ski

Sometimes you find some useful stuff in Christmas packaging......

Foot long plastic coated wire, makes a great brake retainers while waxing.

The " Do Not Eat " silica packs found in electronics packaging also work to keep boots free of moisture and mildew during summer storage.

The single plain sheets of corrugated always get reused in some craft or project.

Does any one keep the original packaging ? In case of return, What's the moratorium on keeping the box it came in ?
Any thoughts ?

ckofer

Website
www.skicheapordie.com
and a pair of dykes

drc.jpg