• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jiminy Peak - 4/10/2004

skijay

Resort: Jiminy Peak

Date Skied: 4/10/04 - 10am to 2pm

Conditions: slushy, heavy, ice, some bare patches, twigs showing

Trip Report:

This was a last minute decision to go skiing this morning. I went solo. I came back from York Beach, Maine last night and found out the weather for Tuesday and Wednesday was calling for rain. There goes my Mount Snow or Killington plans. I checked Mount Snow’s website and the ticket for today was $49. That was $10 more than last Monday’s price. I got the email from Jiminy stating that they were open Friday, Saturday and Sunday with $20 tickets. I took advantage of the $20 deal.

It was 45 degrees and sunny when I left my car for the 6 pack lift. There were no lift lines! Idid Upper Whirlaway first, then Whitetail, Jericho and Wild Turkey for the trails on the left of the lift. There were no bumps. My snowblades took a beating hitting twigs and a rock here and there.

After the above trails I went right of the 6 pack and did North Glade, Upper Glade and Grand slam.

I liked the steeps of the trails to the left of the 6 pack, but to get back to the base involved that flat and wet trail that passes the Q1 and Widow’s lift. That was the worst part of skiing on the Jericho, Wild Turkey, etc. trails. At leats taking the North / lower glade trail to the 360 trail I avoided that flat part. I did get my exercise with the blades today. If had to pick a trail that I liked today it would of been Wild Turkey.

I left the mountain a little after 2pm when the clouds started to roll in and the wind picked up. Here are a couple of pictures. This was my third time at Jiminy Peak this season. I kind of like the place.

Looking at Whirlaway melt away from the Berkshire Express:
Dsc01077.jpg

Looking at the famous Jericho sign:
Dsc01082.jpg

Looking down Jericho:
Dsc01083.jpg

A shot of Jiminy from the parking lot:
Dsc01084.jpg

Greg

Staff member
Thanks for the report! It's interesting to see how well Jiminy held up this late in the season. Do they close tomorrow? 4/11 is not bad...