• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Do you "call in sick", or "call out sick"?

Cornhead

Up until recently, I've never heard anyone use the expression, "call out sick", thanks Scotty. I might have just attributed it to "Scottyese", but I heard Tina Fey say it in an episode of 30 Rock last night. Is this a regional thing? I think it's pretty cool that two words that mean the opposite can imply the same thing in this context. One seems just as valid as the other. So, are you an iny, or an outy? Too much time on my hands? You betcha! Maybe I need to "call out sick"!:wink:

ScottySkis

Your welcome, I always call out with text message actually, funny thing is that I have not been sick since winter ended.

bvibert

Staff member
Call out sick.

Though I usually just "call out". I don't say I'm sick if I'm not really sick, I just say I won't be in and leave it at that.

ctenidae

I call in, to say I'm sick. But sometimes when I call, it's because I'm out sick.

I guess I should just call in, out sick.

Hawkshot99

I have no idea what the protocall is for me if Im sick. Only been with the company 8 yrs now....:confused:

I never get sick...
Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

ski stef

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
call in sick - i actually had this conversation just the other day with a co worker, weird.

Cornhead

I call out well. I'd rather miss work when I'm feeling well than when I'm feeling sick.
Luckily, I happened to be in New England last year when I might otherwise have called in sick. Actually happened to be in the Mad River Valley for the one week it snowed in the 2011-2012 season, first week of March, thank God.