Walking Thread

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walking Thread

Sullivan County up on the Walnuts mtn 2000 high elevation

Walking Thread

So past 3 three days I decided to skip subway train in morning and walk few miles each morning from Mid town NYC to Tribeca hopefully I burn some calories doing this. I was curious if anyone else does this walk and does it count as exercise?

Any activity counts, it's just that some count more than others...and it all beats just sitting around. If you have the time I'd say do it.

you wouldn't know it to look at me today but there was a time where i was in pretty good shape. i credit walking for that. i used to walk all the time and it was great exercise. i eventually moved on to running but if it wasn't for the start in walking i'd have never gotten there.

i'm walking again now, trying to get back into shape. 2.5 miles each day on a treadmill at the moment but if my knee gets better i'll move outside more and hopefully get back to running eventually
    shit happens, wear a helmet.

2016/17
    MT Snow - 12.30 1.7 1.29 2.4 2.11
    Attitash - 2.17
    Black MTN - 2.18
    Wildcat - 2.19
    Eldora - 4.7
    Snowmass - 4.10
    Aspen - 4.11

Walking is excellent exercise and definitely counts as a workout. It's low impact (as long as you use appropriate footwear) and it's a good cardiovascular activity. Plus you can walk pretty much anywhere.

Keep that up for a few months and you will lose weight and you will certainly improve your endurance.

Sullivan County up on the Walnuts mtn 2000 high elevation
    Thanks everyone, yes I plan on biking or running maybe by September and enjoy the walk quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    Thanks everyone, yes I plan on biking or running maybe by September and enjoy the walk quite a bit.
    years ago my office was on the 8th floor, i started walking up at least twice a day (morning and lunch). in a couple of weeks i was surprised how much easier it got. when i left that job the stairs were one of few things i missed about working in an actual office.
    shit happens, wear a helmet.

2016/17
    MT Snow - 12.30 1.7 1.29 2.4 2.11
    Attitash - 2.17
    Black MTN - 2.18
    Wildcat - 2.19
    Eldora - 4.7
    Snowmass - 4.10
    Aspen - 4.11

If I don't go biking(which I don't get out on much anymore)I try to walk 2-2 1/2 miles around the neighborhood in the evening, seems to keep me in decent shape and clears my head.
    2009/2010 - 28

2009 mtb-19 rides- 113.58 miles

2008/09 - 33

Items for Sale
    Yah, try to get out daily for a brisk walk.
    Last edited by bigbog; Jul 15, 2013 at 10:30 AM.
    SteveD

The Queen and i have walked 3/4 miles a day for over 35 years , that and other exercise and low fat diet has helped to keep us fit and trim for years . My heart physician told me unequivocably that THAt Life style enabled me to survive myheart attack and open heart surgery 4 years ago yesterday and do survive with NO heart muscle damage at all . Now at 70 we still keep up thatvigorous exercise regi men of which WALKING is themaincenterpiece .

Youguys just make SURE that YOUeach give YOURSELF that gift of life each day .....KEEP WALKING!avoid elevators , take the stairs , get up and MOOOOOOVE get up at work and move around regularly , hold the carbs , and stay positive inyour putlook onlife and youtoo will be skiing and having a great time inyour seventh decade of life !!!
    Surround yourself with Positivity , Live Life , Collect Friends not Stuff and Avoid Negative Nuts

Quick enough pace to get the pulse up, get the breathing goiing, minimum of 20 minutes, it's an excercise.

Thread Information