• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2013-14 Edition

mriceyman

For 1500 your blacked out from holidays... Ouch

Sent from my iPhone

steamboat1

NOTE: Season Pass prices do not include the cost of the Evolution Stowe Card ($5 each). Customers who do not have an Evolution Stowe Card (ESC) from last season must purchase an ESC with their season pass. Evolution Stowe Cards are non-refundable.

You would think the price of the pass would include the card.

Skier4life

AND you can go to Ben & Jerry's and eat not so cheap ice cream!

Yeah Stowe is not by any stretch of the imagination an "affordable" mountain but it is a great ski/ride mountain, an excellent location for longer stays [due to other activities and surroundings] and probably one of the better base areas I have been to IMO.

dlague

Ya I can live with out Stowe! Let the those who are willing to pay of there and I will go to Jay Peak, Sugarbush, Burke even Killington! At least they all have occasional deals that fit my family!

dlague

On sale September 1 through September 30, 2013 only! Pre-purchase 2013/2014 midweek lift tickets to Attitash Mountain Resort & Wildcat Mountain for $35 on sale during the month of September.

http://www.skiwildcat.com/wild-deals.html

I saw this and the price is right! Sometimes work gets in the way! Those who can swing mid week have tons of options for sure!

Abubob

Website
tee.pub

Adult - Before Oct 31: $1,719 After Oct 31: $2,138

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Who even does this? (I know - doctors, lawyers - proof they're overpaid) You'd have to visit there nearly 20 times just to break even. If you're skiing there more than that you may as well work there.[/FONT]

dlague

Adult - Before Oct 31: $1,719 After Oct 31: $2,138

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Who even does this? (I know - doctors, lawyers - proof they're overpaid) You'd have to visit there nearly 20 times just to break even. If you're skiing there more than that you may as well work there.[/FONT]

No kidding! Certainly not a family oriented rate for sure! I thought paying $1000 or more was crazy! Even on Liftopia last year they were charging $60 for opening day and a few trails! No thank you!

fahz

Mad River Valley Package

[h=2][/h][h=4]Not sure how good a deal this is? But for those that do ski & stay weekends maybe it might be of interest.[/h][h=2]Ski the Valley+ Passport[/h][h=4]
passport-stamp-mad-river-valley.jpg
Your exclusive passport to Vermont's Mad River Valley.[/h]http://www.madrivervalley.com/ski-the-valley

Imagine being able to choose where you play with an open passport to Sugarbush's Lincoln Peak, Sugarbush's Mount Ellen, Mad River Glen and Ole's Cross-country nordic ski center.

• Strap on your snowboard in the morning at Mount Ellen and head over to Mad River Glen for an afternoon of skiing, with apres ski at the Basebox
  • Warm up with the kids at Lincoln Peak in the morning, then head over to Ole's for some lunch and an afternoon of nordic exercise.
  • Relax and use our +Pluses to get free actvities and food Sunday through Thursday
Experience all the Mad River Valley has to offer on this exclusive Passport to the Valley. Come to Vermont and ski/ride when you want, where you want, and without hassle.

mlkrgr

I hope to be hitting Stowe a few times this year. Won't be paying anything near retail price though. Ski club appreciation days & VSA coupons work very nicely.

Ski buses work very well at Stowe. They charge the same $80 for Stowe as they do going to anywhere else (Nacski raises their price by about $4 or so). With BSSC, Nacski, Riteway, and NESB (but NESB will take til 10:20 to get you there) you usually can find one going for a day on most weekends from the Woburn MA neighborhood. It's the only way I can afford Stowe for the most part other than for the occasional ski club day.

Last edited:

Smellytele

Looks like this yr they are restricting the Friday and Sat of Thanksgiving wknd. Too bad as I probably would have been there that Saturday if they had more terrain on line than Okemo (we're staying in Ludlow that wknd)
We traditionally start our ski season that Saturday of Thanksgiving wknd but with Turkey Day being late this yr perhaps I start a week or 2 sooner.

Any idea what the going rate might be for Okemo that weekend of Turkeyday? Will be at Killington. Actually plan on skiing Sugarbush on Friday if it is open then maybe Okemo Saturday and the K on Sunday. Also think I am hitting K the Sunday before (11/24). We are sick of eatting dry Turkey every year at my brother and sister-in-law's and decided to get away and do our own thing this year

xwhaler

Any idea what the going rate might be for Okemo that weekend of Turkeyday?

Skied Okemo last Turkey day wknd (Saturday) and I think rate was either $45 or $55. I used a $10 off coupon I printed for being a Golf and Ski All Star rewards member. Was steep given what they had open---I remmeber doing about 4 runs and leaving as it was a sheet of ice, very crowded and my new skis had not been mounted properly so I wasn;t feeling it.

Hopefully this yr with their added snowmaking investment and Thanksgiving being late we see much more terrain available.
We'll almost definetly be at Okemo that wknd.

bdfreetuna

I thought this was a decent deal at Bolton Valley. If you drive a Subaru or Hyundai you can ski for free at Bolton for 4 designated days of the season. Seems like it doesn't start until 12 noon and they are on MONDAYS but hey, it's FREE!

http://www.boltonvalley.com/tickets-passes-rentals/specials-ticket-packs/Subaru-and-Hyundai-Days

YESSSSS!!!! Subaroooo!

Oh wait... it starts at noon? wtf just let me ski the whole day it's a 4 hour drive!

So it's a 4 hour ski day and Bolton doesn't open Wilderness lift on Mondays either. My excitement has waned a little. Guess this is cool for people who live nearby

Last edited:

wa-loaf

Wachusett Season Passes

Sorry for the slightly spamy post. I did run it by Nick first.

I started up a GPS Club for Wachusett mainly for family and friends. This is the way to get the best prices for passes and pushes back the price bump to November.

The GPS Club early rates are as follows: Bronze Pass $239, Silver Pass $299 and Gold Pass $539 valid through November 13th.

You can order the passes right here:
https://www.wachusett.com/shoponline/entity/tabid/254/c-1-gps.aspx And use the group name: SkiForr

The best benefit of the pass are 50% off tickets at Burke and Jay and $32 any day tickets at Alta. You can read about all the passholder perks here: https://www.wachusett.com/TicketsPas...9/Default.aspx

Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Last edited: