• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2013-14 Edition

deadheadskier

Staff member
There are a bunch of the Irving stations here on the Seacoast. I would say it is the most popular brand in the area actually. Odd that they don't participate.

xwhaler

There are a bunch of the Irving stations here on the Seacoast. I would say it is the most popular brand in the area actually. Odd that they don't participate.

Irving does their own 2 for 1 ski program with 3 gas receipts

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AlpineZone mobile app

Smellytele

And Killington agreed to have Pico 2 for 1 Sunday through Friday. Midweek (considering that they are closed Tue. and Wed.) is no biggie as others mentioned but Sunday is gold!

Now Jay Peak and Pico are 2 fer options on Sunday! There will be more to come!

Plus the Ride and Ski Tour will stop at Jay Peak on March 1st and card holders ski on a 2 fer - on a Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!

why not share all the 2 fers and deals with us?

dlague

why not share all the 2 fers and deals with us?

Once I know them all I will share our plans in detail!

At this time we will be skiing

Opening weekend @ Killington (newsletter 2 fer)
December 14th @ Killington (newsletter 2 fer)
December 21st or 22nd @ Sunday River (Comp from Into the Mind showing at Portsmouth Music Hall October 4th)
January 5th @ Gunstock (Warren Miller movie 2 fer)
January 26th @ Gunstock (Warren Miller movie 2 fer)
January 29th @ Jay Peak ($10 liftopia)
February 22nd @ Burke (Ride and Ski Card 2 fer tour stop)
March 1st @Jay Peak (Ride and Ski Card 2 fer tour stop)

We night ski @ Gunstock on Tuesdays (2 fer night) which is $15 per person

Each Member of my family will pickup a $10 gift card for Liftopia at the ski show

BTW from The Ride and Ski Card facebook page:

Those of you taking the last week of February off. Stay in the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont, and Ski or Ride all 9 days using your Ride and Ski Card at Half off.

Stay Tuned and I will update this as we find out more!

dlague

I was asking about these Ride and Ski card 2 fer stops. Are they the same as last year?

They generally are the same resorts but the order can change, From time to time they will add a new one or take away one, 12-14 Saturdays of 2 fers! Right now they are working out the details and will be putting on their website in late October!

Last edited:

dlague

Stowe walk-up window rate $98.:eek:

That is stupid prices! Gotta keep the riff raff out! They can keep that place for the super well off! Cannot justify that ever! Certainly not skiing on the cheap there!

Stick to ski club days if you really want to go there!

ScottySkis

http://www.backcountry.com/outlet?COUP=SAVE40&cmp_id=EM_1423669_M1&mv_pc=r105 40% off all items in the outlet section just use code SAVE40
clear.png
clear.png
bc_03.jpg

powhunter

Anyone who has served in the military and has a DD214 or military ID..Can get a Killington express card for free,which entitles you to 1/2 price skiing and riding

ScottySkis

Anyone who has served in the military and has a DD214 or military ID..Can get a Killington express card for free,which entitles you to 1/2 price skiing and riding

I think it is a great thing that offer this to Military people, but on weekends it is 25% off regular rate with that card. If was 50% on the weekends I would have bought the card.

dlague

I think it is a great thing that offer this to Military people, but on weekends it is 25% off regular rate with that card. If was 50% on the weekends I would have bought the card.

Plus the Express Card entitles you to a single lift ticket per card holder per day. I agree the idea or gesture is great but we are a family of five so the numbers do not work out that well for us. For a single person or even a couple then it helps for sure!

xwhaler

Bretton Woods

2013/14 40th Anniversary Special Offers
Opening Day (TBD)
Pay just $19.73, in honor of our founding year!
December 14, 2013 - 40th Birthday Party
Celebrate the date that Bretton Woods officially opened in 1973 with $40 lift tickets! All day, all ages. Join the party, enjoy the band and promos!
December 25, 2013
Our Christmas gift to you... ski and ride for just $25!
March 17, 2014
Everyone is Irish with $17 lift tickets!
March 29, 2014
During our Annual Beach Party celebration, wear beach attire and ski for just $25!
Patriot's Day, April 21, 2014
Wrap up the season with $17.76 lift tickets and receive a return voucher valid through 12/19/2014!
PLUS - all season long...
During non-holiday periods, upgrade your Sunday-Thursday daily lift ticket by 4pm to ski the next day (Monday-Friday) for just $40!

• Upgrade only valid on full day paid lift ticket and must be of the same value (i.e. Adult, Teen or Junior)
  • Please visit the Ticket & Pass Office or thhe Guest Services desk to upgrade your ticket.
  • Blackout dates: 12/25/13-1/1/14; 2/15-2/22/14
Offers may not be combined, some restrictions may apply.

http://brettonwoods.com/specials/specials/offers#40thspecials

steamboat1

Nice gesture on the part of Killington Mgt. This is the first year I purchased insurance on my pass because I was injured last year & wasn't sure if I'd be able to ski. Looks like I'll be getting a refund.

Greetings Killington Season Pass Holder!

Over the past year we've been looking at all aspects of our business to ensure what's in place makes sense to all guests, especially our most valued guests - pass holders. Hopefully you've noticed some of the positive changes we made in the past 12 months, and we've got another for you right now.

We want our customers to get great value out of their season pass and encourage more to become pass holders so we took a close look at our season pass credit/refund policy - and have decided to make a change.

Moving forward, if a pass holder suffers an injury, gets pregnant or loses a job, to name a few, and can no longer use their season pass, we will credit a proportional amount of the purchase price based on our new Credit / Refund Policy. There is no longer a fee to buy into this policy - we are basically offering Refund Protection Option, for free to all pass holders.

You'll be receiving a refund for the Refund Protection Option you purchased along with your 2013/14 Season Pass. Refunds are being processed this week, but may take up to ten business days for you to receive. If you have questions regarding this policy or your refund, please email seasonpass@killington.com.

It is starting to get cold at night up here and the season is just around the corner. We will again be shooting to open in October if presented with the snowmaking opportunity. Stay tuned for updates.

I personally thank you for your business and your passion for our resort. We continue to look for ways to make our resorts better so feel free to email me any thoughts at msolimano@killington.com.

Sincerely,

Mike Solimano
President and General Manager

steamboat1

Mount Snow will extend the following discounted dates and rates to members of the Metro New York Ski Council through its Group Sales office:
Date
Awareness
Day Rate
Group Rate
Window Rate
Friday, January 10, 2014
$45
$49
$75
Saturday, January 11, 2014
$53
$64
$85
Sunday, January 12, 2014
$49
$55
$85
Friday, February 21, 2014
$45
$49
$75
Saturday, February 22, 2014
$53
$64
$85
Sunday, February 23, 2014
$49
$55
$85
Friday, March 14, 2014
$45
$49
$75
Saturday, March 15, 2014
$53
$64
$85
Sunday, March 16, 2014 $49 $55 $85
To purchase discounted tickets, members must go to the Group Sales office. The Group Sales Office is located in the Clocktower Building Monday through Friday from 8:30AM-1:00PM and at the Sundance Base Lodge on weekends and holidays from 7:30AM-1:00PM.
Members must present their Metro NY ski council card or club membership card to receive the discount rate. One discounted rate ticket is available per membership card, per day. Please know that we will not be able to honor the discount if you do not have your membership card. Tickets may be purchased on a per day basis, or for multi-day tickets, the combined ticket rate will be used. Ticket rates are for all ages.
Groups of 15 or more people, please contact P.J. McSparran prior to arrival at pjmcsparran@mountsnow.com or 802-464-7080.