• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2013-14 Edition

MidnightJester

Didn't pay specifically doesn't make something free in life. The vast majority of people who go to see the movies are going for the vouchers. Some go for the fun and the movie. She went for the voucher. It cost her at least 30 with gas and expenses to go get. So to her not even close to free. If after going home she told her BF/Husband yea hunny it didn't cost me anything for this I got it FREE. Did she really get it for free?? NO. Their are costs to even free things in life.

MadMadWorld

Didn't pay specifically doesn't make something free in life. The vast majority of people who go to see the movies are going for the vouchers. Some go for the fun and the movie. She went for the voucher. It cost her at least 30 with gas and expenses to go get. So to her not even close to free. If after going home she told her BF/Husband yea hunny it didn't cost me anything for this I got it FREE. Did she really get it for free?? NO. Their are costs to even free things in life.

Right and your friend had no intention of selling them that's why she had 4 sets of them right? Go sell it on eBay or Craigslist. At this point your blatantly saying f you to Nick by continuing to attempt to sell these.

MidnightJester

Not to sell for her. You go Multiple times over a week to same mountain for a cheap trip. She went away and came back with some jungle bug. Told her she should of stayed and enojoyed the snow instead of being Dora the Explore in a faraway place.

mlkrgr

Your "friend", didnt pay for them.

Your "friend" paid for a ticket to see the Warren Miller movie, and got the voucher for free.

Agreed; you are essentially paying for a movie and getting free ski passes because you went to the movie. Now, even for someone who makes $10 an hour, do you think driving to/from a movie theater, paying $30 to see the movie, and account for that time in money is economical? To each their own, and I guess it depends how much you value the entertainment in the film, how much you monetarily value the passes, and what other options you value to go skiing.

MidnightJester

Agreed; you are essentially paying for a movie and getting free ski passes because you went to the movie. Now, even for someone who makes $10 an hour, do you think driving to/from a movie theater, paying $30 to see the movie, and account for that time in money is economical? To each their own, and I guess it depends how much you value the entertainment in the film, how much you monetarily value the passes, and what other options you value to go skiing.
Its hard for some people with cost and benefit. I am doing what I can to help her. She isn't poor but her not using and losing them would of been half a take home check some weeks. Others that could be week or more if in tough job market. I am trying to help the person who is hurting now and cant afford a lift make it a little more affordable. Help 2 people on opposite sides. Ill weigh my bad against that good.

BenedictGomez

Would any mods like a free lift ticket to Gore?

Now THIS guy knows how to brown nose. Well-done!
smiley-gen014.gif

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

Big Boulder (aka small hill: 475' vertical) is offering $15 lift tickets and $15 rentals for their final weekend of the season 4/5 and 4/6. If you like park they devote about half the hill to that.

Powda

Now THIS guy knows how to brown nose. Well-done!
smiley-gen014.gif

I'm a member of a couple non skiing related forums and I understand the hard work that some moderators put in to the forums so figured I'd offer to them first.

If anyone wants a free lift ticket or two to Gore let me know, I'm not going to be able to use them.
All that I ask if that you either pay it forward to another member next season or remember me next season!

BenedictGomez

I
If anyone wants a free lift ticket or two to Gore let me know, I'm not going to be able to use them.
All that I ask if that you either pay it forward to another member next season or remember me next season!

Awesome of you to do so, and someone should jump on this. Gore has fantastic terrain.

abc

Last edited:

xwhaler

Mt Sunapee

Sunapee is going another week it looks like. Their normal Spring food drive was last Sunday on that very rainy day---we were there giving food but cant imagine there were too many non pass holders on the hill. Nice that they are running this again.

Next Saturday and Sunday is Cares & Shares weekend. Bring five non-perishable food items to the ticket window either day and ski and ride all day for only $35.

snoseek

I'm completely out of the loop and still in the Midwest traveleing but if I wanted to ski somewhere semi rad for dirt cheap on this coming Monday where might I look?

ScottySkis

I'm completely out of the loop and still in the Midwest traveleing but if I wanted to ski somewhere semi rad for dirt cheap on this coming Monday where might I look?
Can you make sinday last day T Hunter in the Catskillls cheap tjrough their website plus i be their with some other s from here that are cool ppl.

I know with season pass from any toher hill you save 50%. lots of moguls and steep terrain at Hunter.

[h=1]2013-2014 Late Season Specials[/h] [h=3]Hunter Mountain will be open at least through Sunday, April 13![/h] Spring is here, or at least it's starting to feel like it, and spring means spring skiing and reduced rates. We still have a tremendous amount of snow left, and it's not going anywhere for a while. Take advantage of some great late-season discounts!
[h=3]Tickets When Purchased through E-Ski On-line Sales[/h]
  • April 1st through the end of season: 40% off when purchased at least 48 hours in advance, 30% when purchased less than 48 hours in advance.
[h=3]Other Mountain Season Passholders and Hunter Mtn. Value Passholders[/h]
  • 50% off Monday 3/31 through the end of the season
[h=3]Big Lift Card Holders[/h]
  • 50% off every day starting Monday 3/31 through end of the season
Other Mountain Season Passholders must present their season pass at time of purchase. If season pass does not include a photo, photo ID will also be required. These offers are non-transferable cannot be combined with any other discount or offer.

Last edited: