• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2013-14 Edition

snoseek

I got on that 29 dollar goodness!!!!! Best deal ever!

Well, except for the annual Free Day at Sunday River which happens to be good enough to fall on a Monday (april 21) this year. I'm all over that as well!

Savemeasammy

I got on that 29 dollar goodness!!!!! Best deal ever!

Well, except for the annual Free Day at Sunday River which happens to be good enough to fall on a Monday (april 21) this year. I'm all over that as well!

The free day being a Monday makes it more appealing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snoseek

The free day being a Monday makes it more appealing.

Yep, it will be busier than a normal Monday, but still, it's Monday. Looking at my current state of finances the price is about all I can afford till I start making $$$$.

Michael Cyr

Free skiing!! Monday,patriots Day is Sunday Rivers last day. As usual they are offering free skiing that day. As I found out in the past years the spring skiing and the crowds are much more tolerable in the morning. Just saying.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

fahz

Gore has posted the final week schedule on FB and it has some worthy deals...

Here's our Closing Week lineup, hope you can join us for any or all of it!
Wednesday 4/16: $42 Why Not Wednesday with Coca-Cola
Thursday 4/17 & Friday 4/18: Season Passholders Bring One Friend FREE
Saturday 4/19: Freestyle Session in the Base Area, weather permitting
Sunday 4/20: $34 lift tickets for ages 13+, FREE for ages 12 & under- along with our Sunrise Service & Easter Brunch

〽❄❅

Gore has posted the final week schedule on FB and it has some worthy deals...

Here's our Closing Week lineup, hope you can join us for any or all of it!
Wednesday 4/16: $42 Why Not Wednesday with Coca-Cola
Thursday 4/17 & Friday 4/18: Season Passholders Bring One Friend FREE
Saturday 4/19: Freestyle Session in the Base Area, weather permitting
Sunday 4/20: $34 lift tickets for ages 13+, FREE for ages 12 & under- along with our Sunrise Service & Easter Brunch
Low 8" - 22" base depth , they picked up a inch of snow last night - How are the snow conditions at Gore looking for the weekend?

steamboat1

Killington was/is offering 50% off midweek & 25% off weekend ticket prices with any 13/14 ticket/pass. My friend didn't have any old tickets from this year. We did have a collage of ski pictures in the house where the border was made with old lift tickets. We took a couple of lift tickets out & he used them Fri.-Sat. Fridays ticket was $34 & $51 for Sat. What was funny is these lift tickets were from the 2001 season & K accepted them no problem. I don't think they looked at the date.:razz:

snoseek

Killington was/is offering 50% off midweek & 25% off weekend ticket prices with any 13/14 ticket/pass. My friend didn't have any old tickets from this year. We did have a collage of ski pictures in the house where the border was made with old lift tickets. We took a couple of lift tickets out & he used them Fri.-Sat. Fridays ticket was $34 & $51 for Sat. What was funny is these lift tickets were from the 2001 season & K accepted them no problem. I don't think they looked at the date.:razz:

This is still good right? If I show up on Friday with my 13/14 epic pass I can ski for like 35 bucks? If so that's a great deal

steamboat1

Last edited:

Cornhead

Heading to Colorado Thursday 5/8, I plan on skiing A Basin. I'm thinking of buying a 2014-2015 season pass before I go. I will be able to ski as much as I want while out there, plus when I go out to visit my Son next year. Not only that, I'd get 3 days at Taos, only blackout days are the Christmas period. All this for a mere $279! $120 LESS than I paid for my season's pass to my local molehill.
http://www.arapahoebasin.com/ABasin/tickets/season-passes/taos.aspx

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Savemeasammy

Heading to Colorado Thursday 5/8, I plan on skiing A Basin. I'm thinking of buying a 2014-2015 season pass before I go. I will be able to ski as much as I want while out there, plus when I go out to visit my Son next year. Not only that, I'd get 3 days at Taos, only blackout days are the Christmas period. All this for a mere $279! $120 LESS than I paid for my season's pass to my local molehill.
http://www.arapahoebasin.com/ABasin/tickets/season-passes/taos.aspx

Nice. I hope you do it so you can ski your ass off this season and next!

skiNEwhere

I skied a-basin on May 9th last year, they were still 100% open too with no bare spots.

This year is even better than last, you should have some pretty good conditions

Cornhead

I skied a-basin on May 9th last year, they were still 100% open too with no bare spots.

This year is even better than last, you should have some pretty good conditions

Can't wait, they've gotten 8" over the last couple days, snow showers forecast for the remainder of the week. I wish I'd stayed in better shape this season, and my knee weren't all f'd up, possibly related. Oh well, I'm sure I'll have fun regardless. They were planning on shutting down June 1st, but I wouldn't be surprised if they extend their season with this recent snow.

VTKilarney

Has anyone found a charity ski fundraiser (or ski outing) that was a good deal? I'm not necessarily looking to save money, but if it's the same price as buying lodging and tickets myself, it would be nice to see a charity get something. Of course if some charity outings really are cheaper than full retail, that's a win-win situation!

dlague

Has anyone found a charity ski fundraiser (or ski outing) that was a good deal? I'm not necessarily looking to save money, but if it's the same price as buying lodging and tickets myself, it would be nice to see a charity get something. Of course if some charity outings really are cheaper than full retail, that's a win-win situation!

Hope on the Slopes @ Jay Peak - it is actually at a number of resorts - I prefer the Jay peak event. In fact I was thinking of inviting AZoners to be part of our team next year. kind of like a meet up for a great cause! It is like $30 to attend the event and you need to raise $100. Generally have swag and a few decent giveaways too!