Stand Up Paddleboarding Looks Really Boring - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sullivan County up on the Walnuts mtn 2000 high elevation
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcunni View Post
    I like these pictures.

I don't know about you guys but being in the water with surfer girls in bikinis is reason enough to take up the sport.

Speaking of paddleboarding, looks like Taylor Swift has joined the paddleboarding ranks:

taylor-swift-paddleboard-ed-sheeran-072813-4-435x580.jpg

Looks like she needs help with the leash though.
    Last edited by snowmonster; Jul 30, 2013 at 3:24 PM.
    "I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." - H. D. Thoreau

and the grandma bikini

just because it's retro, doesn't make it hawt

Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by Ski Stef View Post
    .........i've heard it's actually a pretty good work out. I think it would be fun to like go down a river or something, not just paddle around a lake.
    It looks it SkiStef. Not only CT's coastalzone but W.Br.Penobscot's Big Eddy(Maine) -> nice clean, cold, (~12'deep(in midstream), ~60' out from foreground(shore) is ~1-5')....water on a hot summer day gets weekly, if not daily, participants..., BUT ahh, not the old fogie shooting the guy/kid in the YouTube video. Sorry...couldn't find anything with anyone donning colorful thongs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9MxLAJWuoY
    Last edited by bigbog; Jul 30, 2013 at 8:41 PM.
    SteveD

I agree with OP. SUP looks like a really stupid and awkward.
    form is a 4 letter word

Still looks like the wrong tool for the job. But at least not boring....

I think this was the original intended use to get up on surf easier which is more fun, but now has been applied to a broader use which could seem boring but also very chill!

2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by snowmonster View Post
    SUPing was not meant to be done in calm bodies of water. It's a derivative of surfing. You have to ride the waves to get the full experience. Do yourself a favor and hit a beach with some gentle waves and ride a few in (just stay clear of surfers because that big board, if uncontrolled, can cause a lot of damage).

Catching waves is easier in an SUP -- longer board plus the paddle gives you more propulsion. You can get more rides on an SUP than on a standard longboard.

I brought out my short board last Saturday because the waves were finally breaking on the Cape. There was an SUP in the lineup. That guy got more and longer rides than me.
    I was watching some guys surf SUPs at Narragansett beach in Rhode Island 2 weeks ago and they were getting the best rides out of anyone! It looked like so much fun!

Thread Information