• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hockey Talk NHL

twinplanx

1994 the year the cup was bought. Let us not forget a salary cap was implemented in the '94-'95 season. A coincidence? I think not!! '94 was a fluke.

twinplanx

Lol "so what" wtf are you sure you grew up in Suffolk county? Cause you sound like a typical cityidiot rags fan. Just to be clear I do admire King Henry for his achievements, but he will be the enemy as long as he wears that blue shirt.

ScottySkis

Lol "so what" wtf are you sure you grew up in Suffolk county? Cause you sound like a typical cityidiot rags fan. Just to be clear I do admire King Henry for his achievements, but he will be the enemy as long as he wears that blue shirt.

Centereach, I used to love roller bladeing on tennis courts for hours that was fun.

Bene288

Detroit and Columbus to the east, a hemorrhaging market in the west getting approved for yet another failed ownership. The conferences are now lopsided with the movement of Detroit and Columbus.

For whatever reason, the two Florida teams have to play in the old Northeast division. Take all of the travel issues Detroit was crying about and throw
it on the two teams that aren't in traditional markets. The Bruins and the Habs, arguably the best hockey rivalry of all time, play each other only 3 times this season. There is something seriously wrong with that. Meanwhile, Bettman and the NHL are hyping up the "Bruins - Redwing" rivalry already. Give me a break! It's all for ratings and star power, just like the NBA.

Take a look at Pittsburgh's roster, tell me how in the hell they can afford everyone on that team within the cap. Something is fishy with them. And Sydney Crosby? Just miraculously gets an injury every year and month or two before the playoffs and gets to rest up.

6 outdoor games this year? Way to dull the luster.

Kovalchuk just hanging his team out to dry? That was real low, as if the Devils don't have enough problems.

They keep regulating and making new rules to "protect" the players. Example; the touch up icing will soon be switched to the ref's discretion. Meaning if he thinks they're going too hard to the boards he'll rule the icing against the offending team. It's turning into the Euro leagues. The grit and sandpaper of the game that I grew up on, as well as my father's generation is slowly being phased out. All they have to do is make the ice a little bigger and that would solve so many problems.

I have a lot of issue the way the game is run, but the integrity and sportsmanship is still there. I just wish it wasn't all about ratings. It never used to be. I'm just sick of hearing all of the bullshit, lets just get back to hockey!

twinplanx

Well put Bene!! I think the comish should be a hockey player first & a slimy business man 2nd...

Geoff

Meh, it's just another pro sport. I see no difference between pro wrestling, hockey, football, baseball, basketball... It's the entertainment business. It only exists to make a profit for the owners, profit for the media that broadcast and write about the teams, and high salaries for the players.

ScottySkis

Meh, it's just another pro sport. I see no difference between pro wrestling, hockey, football, baseball, basketball... It's the entertainment business. It only exists to make a profit for the owners, profit for the media that broadcast and write about the teams, and high salaries for the players.

Yes I agree but it makes some fun if you know a bookie.

Bene288

Hockey will always stand out from other pro sports. If a baseball player stubs his toe or jams a thumb he's out for a few weeks. Patrice Bergeron played the final few games with a spleen issue and a broken rib. It never used to be like other sports, and still isn't in most respects. But the media is getting way out of hand. That's why John Tortorella ultimately lost his job.

ScottySkis

Hockey will always stand out from other pro sports. If a baseball player stubs his toe or jams a thumb he's out for a few weeks. Patrice Bergeron played the final few games with a spleen issue and a broken rib. It never used to be like other sports, and still isn't in most respects. But the media is getting way out of hand. That's why John Tortorella ultimately lost his job.

+420: Tortellla sucked we had worse. Powder Olay of all of hockey good by, John goodbye.

ScottySkis

Rangers are playing horrible so far. We in two games we allowed more then 12 goals. Hope Boston is doing better.

4aprice

Rangers are playing horrible so far. We in two games we allowed more then 12 goals. Hope Boston is doing better.

Yes but at least they have won a game. I wonder if the Devils will win even 1 game this season. You know your in trouble when out of all the teams you root for the NY Jets are the best. (and they are not good).

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ