Tusk to Elephant's Head to Unknown Ski Cut - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Huck_It_Baby View Post
    Very cool. I can't wait!!

You could take a picture of your photo with your camera on your phone...?
    amazing what snow can do to change the look of a place. This photo was from the epic 2000-2001 season, so it rarely fills in this much, but you get the idea.

Wow I can't even tell where this is on that run. Thanks for posting the pic....drooling

Found this set of photos from winter on a google search.

http://imgur.com/a/n7lNA#8iQCwpW

the 1st photo shows the bony entrance I discussed. The fourth photo shows why it always remains bony with the idiot sliding and scraping off all the snow. Most times I've skied it, I usually click out and hike around that bone yard and enter 50 feet or so below the true top from the skiers left side. The last picture in the series shows the drop from my photo looking down to it from above. My photo was from 2001 with perhaps record snow depth. This photo is a more accurate portrayal of what it typically looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Found this set of photos from winter on a google search.

http://imgur.com/a/n7lNA#8iQCwpW

the 1st photo shows the bony entrance I discussed. The fourth photo shows why it always remains bony with the idiot sliding and scraping off all the snow. Most times I've skied it, I usually click out and hike around that bone yard and enter 50 feet or so below the true top from the skiers left side. The last picture in the series shows the drop from my photo looking down to it from above. My photo was from 2001 with perhaps record snow depth. This photo is a more accurate portrayal of what it typically looks like.
    Very cool, thanks for the link. I think I hiked up through that bony section. It's just a narrow creek bed with lots of large stones.

The rest looks very different when compared to summer. It must get blasted with wind and fill in!

Thread Information