New England Waterfalls - Page 6

AlpineZone

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    I remembered this from searching for an article on the top 10 phrases to learn if you'll be travelling to Germany.

Of course, I can't find THAT article anymore... they've removed the search feature from their site.

-Stephen

Hey readers click on the article link. It's too funny -- a great read and laugh. Thanks for posting the link!

NH_Mtn_Hiker
    [quote="Stephen"]No need to:

http://www.maximonline.com/world_o_s...icle_5784.html
    I'll take over anytime. Damn it's good to be single.

maverickdave
    ha! just took a look at the maxim article and sent it off to my best man....we'll see what he thinks about it

I gotta say...the only bad part about being engaged and planning the wedding is that the last time I was able to go hiking was the day I proposed Hopefully things will slow down soon though (once we get a location and a date picked out)...

Don't count on things slowing down until after the wedding... Scratch that. Don't count on things slowing down ever. After the wedding you'll start thinking about buying a house. Projects for the new abode alone will eat up a good portion of your time. Then maybe you'll have a couple of kids and/or bring home a dog or cat (in my case all of the above). Next thing you know your spending your weekends mowing the lawn, building swingsets, visiting family members, etc. To top it all off, all of your friends have now become jealous of your new lifestyle so they start having weddings and kids. Now you can fill any free time left with bachelor/bachelorette parties, testimonials, weddings, baby showers, christenings, etc. No, life never slows down. It always seems to keep accelerating.

Your life will never be the same but fear not, it is a wonderful journey. Just remeber to stop often to give your wife roses.
    You have to do the hard things in life sooner or later. -- Earl Hickey's Karma Guide

Quote Originally Posted by smitty77
    Don't count on things slowing down until after the wedding... Scratch that. Don't count on things slowing down ever. After the wedding you'll start thinking about buying a house. Projects for the new abode alone will eat up a good portion of your time. Then maybe you'll have a couple of kids and/or bring home a dog or cat (in my case all of the above). Next thing you know your spending your weekends mowing the lawn, building swingsets, visiting family members, etc. To top it all off, all of your friends have now become jealous of your new lifestyle so they start having weddings and kids. Now you can fill any free time left with bachelor/bachelorette parties, testimonials, weddings, baby showers, christenings, etc. No, life never slows down. It always seems to keep accelerating.

Your life will never be the same but fear not, it is a wonderful journey. Just remeber to stop often to give your wife roses.
    Well said, smitty77. And very true.
    I ski double black diamonds.

BootJockey

We expect a picture or two...

When you pop the question!!!

BootJockey / Dave

Congratulations, Dave. Many years of happiness to you both.
    This is one of the best threads ever. So many people offered to help, including the moderators. But when the author of the book chimed in, that put it in another realm. And you took his suggestion.
    The funniest part of this story is that you were able to suggest that you were just "going by" Tannery Falls which is a healthy distance off Route 2.

Thread Information