Gallery Problems???

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Items for Sale

Gallery Problems???

Well, I have some nice digital pics from my trips to Pico and Killington today, but for some reason everytime I upload them, the server doesn't accept them and I get kicked onto the forum home page. What's going on?

Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    Well, I have some nice digital pics from my trips to Pico and Killington today, but for some reason everytime I upload them, the server doesn't accept them and I get kicked onto the forum home page. What's going on?
    What's the file format (jpg?) and how large are the files?
    I ski double black diamonds.

Items for Sale
    JPG. Looks like the issue may be that they are too big...what size is best?
    Live, Ski, or Die!

The gallery will resize the longest side to 1024 pixels anyway so resizing them to that dimension beforehand is best.

Items for Sale
    OK. What is the largest file size though? That seems to be the real problem...not the width and height.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    OK. What is the largest file size though? That seems to be the real problem...not the width and height.
    Well, they go hand in hand to some extent. By resizing down to 1024 pixels for the long side, the file size should definitely be small enough. I think 16 MB is the max file size upload which is probably larger than any of your images. Perhaps, it's choking when it tries to resize; that's my point. If all else fails, Email me some and I'll see if I can upload them.

Items for Sale
    OK. Got that fixed, but I can only upload one pic at a time are they still too big I guess? I'd like to do five or six like I used to be able to....
    Live, Ski, or Die!

TB....How many megs is your camera? It sounds like the pixel dimensions are ok but maybe the file size, measured by MBs, is the problem. Are you using a graphic/image program to compress your pics or are you uploading the pic the same size it comes from the camera?
    www.firstlightphotographics.com

" Some failure in life is inevitable. It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all -- in which case, you fail by default,"

To beat the grim reaper in life it's not about how long you live but how you live it.

Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by ski_resort_observer View Post
    TB....How many megs is your camera? It sounds like the pixel dimensions are ok but maybe the file size, measured by MBs, is the problem. Are you using a graphic/image program to compress your pics or are you uploading the pic the same size it comes from the camera?
    Yes, I think that is the problem. Sizes are about 2.0 MB, and others are like 187 KB.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Items for Sale
    Just tried with two that were in the KB size and nadda. Have to upload one at a time for some reason.....
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Thread Information