• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Nick - Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmc

Are we allowed to discuss politics?

I keep asking but somebody keeps deleting...

I just want an answer... Not to have my questions deleted..

deadheadskier

Staff member
Politics are still not allowed. The site is not moderated 24/7 and not all political discussions are caught immediately.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
No, the rules haven't changed. As I said in PM but i'll say it here for everyone's benefit. Generally politics are not allowed. I.e. things like gun control, birth control, abortion, the presidential race, Syria, etc etc etc.

But there are acceptable gray areas. For example, global warming as it relates to weather that impacts us as skiers. Local politics that directly impact mountains like Cannon or ORDA. Certainly the thread about skiers being considered affluent is a good topic.

There are areas where it isn't really crystal clear and for those we make a judgement call. Like DHS said, we aren't on all the time so sometimes things aren't caught immediately. If there are questions or concerns I'm always open to PM and discussion on it.

That's really all that has to be said on this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.