• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sams Point NY near Eleniville

ScottySkis

anyone ever hike hear i am thinking of doing it this weekend and was wondering how hard of hike it is. Ice caves snow .

JimG.

Staff member
Sam's Point is a fun place. The ice caves hike is pretty easy, mostly carriage roads until you get to the ice cave section. That hike is only about 3 miles round trip. But there are other loops in the preserve the longest of which is about 8 miles round trip. So you can make your hike as easy or challenging as you wish. I go there often, great views and the hikes are appropriate for my 11 year old son.

ScottySkis

Thanks Jim, you talked me into I think I try it this weekend any chance I might run into you that be cool.

Does parking lot get full before 930 on weekend?

JimG.

Staff member
Yes! Best to get there at opening to get parking. It fills up fast. PM me your cell# because I might just be there this weekend.

Huck_It_Baby

Did you guys get out there? Any photos?

I climbed Camel's Hump and Mansfield this weekend. Colors almost at peak!

ScottySkis

Did you guys get out there? Any photos?

I climbed Camel's Hump and Mansfield this weekend. Colors almost at peak!

I bet it was beautiful. something came up with my family so I couldn't go hiking, but I did get to bike on Saturday and their was some beautiful leaves changing in Mid Hudson valley.

Huck_It_Baby

I bet it was beautiful. something came up with my family so I couldn't go hiking, but I did get to bike on Saturday and their was some beautiful leaves changing in Mid Hudson valley.

Bummer you couldn't make it but at least you got out for a bike!