New Forum Proposal: "New Merchandise"

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Items for Sale

New Forum Proposal: "New Merchandise"

Instead of having ChainLove's new merchandise for sale being continuously on top of the Gear forum.
    To see what actual Members are selling one has to do something, where ChainLove crap is always shown...
    Think creating a new forum will both satisfy the business machines & lawyers while letting us members not have to dig to see what's up forsale or what's interesting on the gear scene(which is a LOT)...imho.
    fwiw.......

Steve

Last edited by bigbog; Sep 28, 2013 at 7:41 AM.
    SteveD

Sullivan County up on the Walnuts mtn 2000 high elevation
    It does not pop on my phone, but advertising can be annoying so sure, I agree.

Items for Sale
    So if most here are checking AZ by phone, I can put up with a few mouse-clicks...(ie keep as is). Thought the "avoid posts" would filter out ChainLove.....
    Last edited by bigbog; Sep 30, 2013 at 9:19 AM.
    SteveD

I totally agree. I think that all the time, but never it around to mentioning it. Ths would be a welcome change.

Great idea!
    Whatever hits the fan will not be distributed evenly.

For the RSS feeds, home page feeds, and on mobile devices I exclude those so you don't see them unless you go into that subforum directly. I'll see what i can do about stopping it form showing up here. It should also not show up in "recent post" , "newest posts", etc.
    Free Stickers - e-mail your address to nick@alpinezone.com.

Check AZ out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo and Google+

Get AZ on your mobile phone!

Quote Originally Posted by bigbog View Post
    Instead of having ChainLove's new merchandise for sale being continuously on top of the Gear forum.
    To see what actual Members are selling one has to do something, where ChainLove crap is always shown...
    Think creating a new forum will both satisfy the business machines & lawyers while letting us members not have to dig to see what's up forsale or what's interesting on the gear scene(which is a LOT)...imho.
    fwiw.......

Steve
    So, you're suggesting having the daily deals as a separate forum instead of sub-forum of gear and equipment?
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    So, you're suggesting having the daily deals as a separate forum instead of sub-forum of gear and equipment?
    The point is just to prevent the sponsored post (I.e. ad) from dominating that forum. Don't think it matters how that is accomplished.

Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    It's not a biggy, just that if any member is selling something...one has to go into the forum instead of seeing the latest, usually taken by the Commercial Ad, but it's just a minor thing... I can certainly live with it as is......BUT I think it would definitely make it easier for a member's latest selling ad....to have his post constantly seen/(at the top).

[Scotty] "It does not pop on my phone, but advertising can be annoying so sure, I agree."
    That's nice....
    Looks like maybe something in the newer OS/Apps are clicking with something.

Fwiw I'm running old XP Pro & Chrome.

Last edited by bigbog; Oct 4, 2013 at 6:45 AM.
    SteveD

Sullivan County up on the Walnuts mtn 2000 high elevation
    [Scotty] "It does not pop on my phone, but advertising can be annoying so sure, I agree."
    That's nice....

Yeah, I'm on my home desktop(XP Pro running Chrome)....obviously hipper tweaks for hipper OS/Apps.
    [/QUOTE]

Yes I don't like advertising at all I always change the channel when commercials are on tv so I get it.

Thread Information