• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Forum Proposal: "New Merchandise"

bigbog

Instead of having ChainLove's new merchandise for sale being continuously on top of the Gear forum.
To see what actual Members are selling one has to do something, where ChainLove crap is always shown...
Think creating a new forum will both satisfy the business machines & lawyers while letting us members not have to dig to see what's up forsale or what's interesting on the gear scene(which is a LOT)...imho.
fwiw.......

Steve

Last edited:

bigbog

So if most here are checking AZ by phone, I can put up with a few mouse-clicks...(ie keep as is). Thought the "avoid posts" would filter out ChainLove.....

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
For the RSS feeds, home page feeds, and on mobile devices I exclude those so you don't see them unless you go into that subforum directly. I'll see what i can do about stopping it form showing up here. It should also not show up in "recent post" , "newest posts", etc.

bvibert

Staff member
Instead of having ChainLove's new merchandise for sale being continuously on top of the Gear forum.
To see what actual Members are selling one has to do something, where ChainLove crap is always shown...
Think creating a new forum will both satisfy the business machines & lawyers while letting us members not have to dig to see what's up forsale or what's interesting on the gear scene(which is a LOT)...imho.
fwiw.......

Steve

So, you're suggesting having the daily deals as a separate forum instead of sub-forum of gear and equipment?

bigbog

So, you're suggesting having the daily deals as a separate forum instead of sub-forum of gear and equipment?

It's not a biggy, just that if any member is selling something...one has to go into the forum instead of seeing the latest, usually taken by the Commercial Ad, but it's just a minor thing... I can certainly live with it as is......BUT I think it would definitely make it easier for a member's latest selling ad....to have his post constantly seen/(at the top).

[Scotty] "It does not pop on my phone, but advertising can be annoying so sure, I agree."
That's nice....
Looks like maybe something in the newer OS/Apps are clicking with something.

Fwiw I'm running old XP Pro & Chrome.

Last edited:

ScottySkis

[Scotty] "It does not pop on my phone, but advertising can be annoying so sure, I agree."
That's nice....

Yeah, I'm on my home desktop(XP Pro running Chrome)....obviously hipper tweaks for hipper OS/Apps.
[/QUOTE]

Yes I don't like advertising at all I always change the channel when commercials are on tv so I get it.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
The point is just to prevent the sponsored post (I.e. ad) from dominating that forum. Don't think it matters how that is accomplished.

Let me think about how to move that around. It does crowd out the normal posts icne there are several deal posts per day.