Sugarloaf Trail 9.28.13 - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by snoseek View Post
    Oh man It was good
    Ill Be back asap
    Did a big long xc loop on both sides of the river. That drop from the hut was amazing!
    Oak Knoll is legit. Did you do the "expert only" rock ride coming around one of the corners?

Next week their Nemba chapter is doing a Kona Adventure ride series day there. Looks to be rad...demos, guided loops, free food and beer. I'm headed up Saturday. Looking to do their 20 mile loop.

CRNEMBA just opened up some of the trails up at the Loaf....This was my first ride on some of the ST along the Gauge Trail. Fun stuff.

Be careful of the Booby traps on the trail (that tree is suspended in the air & only being held up by the branches of the other trees)

IMG_1246.jpg

^^^^
    Thats some final destination Shit right there!

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

Wow. That's the nastiest widow maker I've ever seen...

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Quote Originally Posted by snoseek View Post
    ^^^^
    Thats some final destination Shit right there!

Absolutely! Kind of freaky if you are on that trail.
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by dlague View Post
    Absolutely! Kind of freaky if you are on that trail.
    The freaky part was not noticing it until after I went under it & then thinking, "Wait a minute did I just pedal under a suspended tree?". Also I couldn't figure out from the surrounding trees where this tree originated from. Here's another close up photo:

IMG_1252.jpg

The first pick looks photoshopped. On the trails behind my house one time, I was doing some loops and it was pretty windy. I came around for another loop and there was a tree across the trail. I don't remember bunny hopping over that. It happened two more times on the same loop.
    Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Bump im fixing to maybe head up next week

Any decent campgrounds in the area? Available swimming would be nice

There's a campground in Kingfield but, if it were me, I'd look at staying at the Stratton Brook hut. You can swim along the river and the ride down Oak Knoll is worth it.

I'm not certain about camping along the river proper. A quick Google search revealed nothing. Call or Facebook either the Nemba chapter or the Carrabassett bike shop and ask. Bob at the shop is a rad dude who can give you the info.

If you're flying solo and looking for a riding buddy, feel free to give me a shout. I've been looking for an excuse to get up there

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Thread Information