need me some new boots

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

need me some new boots

looking for some help. since my boots are 9 years old I am def in need of new ones. im an advanced skier who loves the trees, bumps and steeps. any recommendations on which direction to head in as theres many options to chose from. thanks for the help.

Seriously just seek out the names in your area of some GOOD bootfitters and go into their shop(s) with an open mind and an honest evaluation of your skiing and let them evaluate your foot shape + volume and let them match that to their stock.

Much better to start with something that works for your foot shape + ability and tweak from there rather than get a boot because such and such says its great and then try and make it fit your foot

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AlpineZone mobile app
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season; 60 days '07-'14 seasons: 353 Days

I agree 100% with DrJeff. I personally love Dalbello Boots, but only because the shape matches my foot shape.

Go into a good shop, with a complete open mind on what type of boot will be best.
    Volkl Kendo(177)
    Rossi Soul 7(180)
    Fischer RC4(180)

/Shawangunk_Ridge NY 60 miles away from the Catskills
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkshot99 View Post
    I agree 100% with DrJeff. I personally love Dalbello Boots, but only because the shape matches my foot shape.

Go into a good shop, with a complete open mind on what type of boot will be best.
    +2 I have had these boots and love them to. If you have irregular feet they are awesome.
    Got to get high upb oh so high up and enjoy the mountains .

+3 Whatever fits and feels best is the right boot! Tecnica boots fit my foot right out of the box without any messing around. The new Cochise line is pretty hot IMHO!
    "If you ride your bike everyday...... Your going to be a better rider!"

Quote Originally Posted by mriceyman View Post
    looking for some help. since my boots are 9 years old I am def in need of new ones. im an advanced skier who loves the trees, bumps and steeps. any recommendations on which direction to head in as theres many options to chose from. thanks for the help.
    I'll throw in a contrarily remark.... if you really like bumps and trees, go target the dalbellos and full tilt boots. They have the three piece (cabrio) design which gives the skier a progressive flex about the ankle joint, this design minimizes shin bang when you hit uneven terrain. All other designs which are the two piece design (currently in vogue) is geared more for racing, current generation boots have lateral stiffness, do not have a forward lean and do not have that progressive flex. And imo, the latter are not geared for the skiing bumps and trees.

I def agree that finding a boot that fits is the highest priority but you should be aware that both dalbellos and full tilt have models with different last. In addition, bootfitters may not carry all lines of each boot.
    Last edited by jack97; Oct 12, 2013 at 8:02 AM.
    I rather be @ss noodling

Thanks for the replies and thanks to jack for that info.. I will check em out soon.

Sent from my iPhone

As a contrary to Jack's point, I wouldn't go with one particularly brand our boot style just because they are recommended for a certain style of skiing. I like skiing bumps perhaps more than any other kind of a terrain. I bought the Dalbello Krypton Pro hype a few years ago and never have been all that happy with them. They're okay, but I think I'll be returning to a traditional overlap designed boot after this season. Patrick Deneen is one of the best male US bumpers ever. He skis Lange.
    Killington 11/11; Crotched 12/1,12/15, 12/19, 12/27, 12/31, 1/2, 1/8, 1/10, 1/22, 1/28, 2/5, 2/17 Attitash, 12/12, 1/9; Wildcat 12/30, Suicide Six 1/13; Smuggs, 1/14; Cannon, 2/2; Sugarloaf 2/7, 2/8, 2/9
    07-08, 08-09 09-10 10-11
    11-12 12-13

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Patrick Deneen is one of the best male US bumpers ever. He skis Lange.
    Lange still has good forward lean. btw, I heard some old school bumpers at the national and wc level modified the lange boots to get more flex.

btw, not taking anything away from deneen, I would almost give anything to ski like him but he is not the best us male ever. He won a wc championship base on his air not on his turns.
    I rather be @ss noodling

I did say "one of". I have read that he prefers a stiffer boot....as do I. I just find the Krypton to be "sloppy" and not very responsive compared to a traditional overlap boot.

Sent from my XT907 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Killington 11/11; Crotched 12/1,12/15, 12/19, 12/27, 12/31, 1/2, 1/8, 1/10, 1/22, 1/28, 2/5, 2/17 Attitash, 12/12, 1/9; Wildcat 12/30, Suicide Six 1/13; Smuggs, 1/14; Cannon, 2/2; Sugarloaf 2/7, 2/8, 2/9
    07-08, 08-09 09-10 10-11
    11-12 12-13

Thread Information