• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mountain bike on C List asking for X box 360 Is this a good bike and deal?

ScottySkis

http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/bar/4126871339.html
00R0R_tewaFAMVam_600x450.jpg
I know the person is also asking for $80, I need a better bike then what I have now and was wondering what the experts here think thanks in advance.

Last edited:

snoseek

Save your money and find a better, more updated bike. bikes have come a long long way since when that was made. It would be fine for riding around town though

dmw

Worth 80 bucks, maybe; worth riding, no.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
What kind of a budget do you have Scotty? I'm going to go (slightly) against that grain and say that that mountain bike is probably better than no mountain bike. So if $80 is what you have to spend, then that will get you pedaling at least. If you aren't a good mountain biker or are planning on pretty mild trails, you might be surprised at how far you can get with barebones / bottom barrel equipment.

Generally, if it has a kickstand ..... :)

ScottySkis

What kind of a budget do you have Scotty? I'm going to go (slightly) against that grain and say that that mountain bike is probably better than no mountain bike. So if $80 is what you have to spend, then that will get you pedaling at least. If you aren't a good mountain biker or are planning on pretty mild trails, you might be surprised at how far you can get with barebones / bottom barrel equipment.

Generally, if it has a kickstand ..... :)

I have a basic one I bought for 150 from Walmart a few weeks ago it good on flat stuff but going up hill even because slightly inclined is mostly me hiking with the bike and yes it has a kick stand. I also have lots of stuff for trade if anyone needs nice house bedding. Ky budget is Lucky if I make week from weeks. 7 year at my job started in two weeks hoping for a raises.