• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

prediction weather for snow afrer Halloween for north east north easter?

ScottySkis

Saw on certain snow website that possible major snow possible for our region with record cold temperatures, this would be great just wondering what our people here think. I most likely hold off on hitting K to after this becase I rather ski real snow and a lot more terrain before driving all the way up their.

Also just wondering if any possible warm ups between now and first weekend in November for Vermont.? Hey Winnchill I no your not with you old place but would so love to hear from you and or anyone else.

Last edited:

ScottySkis

http://www.snowforecast.com/resorts...aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=288381481237582 Killington hope it stays cold next week so I can their first weekend of Nov. -29 Oct to 03 November, 2013 - It looks like we have the "potential snow in the Rocky Mountains" that we left as a possibility, arriving next Sunday through Tuesday, starting in the northern Rocky Mountains on Sunday, moving south Monday and Tuesday. Tahoe may see some snow and cold Monday and Tuesday as well, as cold low pressure drops in across the western US due to a retrograding high pressure ridge. Overall, the eastern US will continue to see more storms and colder weather as a low pressure trough axis continues across the east, with some amazingly cold air and early snow storms expected. We expect that many New England resorts will see their first significant snowfalls (yes, more than 1), and some of the coldest air seen in October (temperature records will fall, possibly some long standing ones). In early November (possibly right after Halloween) we should return to a more busy (possible snow and cold) weather pattern across the western US (especially the northwest US-WA-OR-ID, and northern CA) as a low pressure trough starts to develop across the east Pacific-Western US. CM