Snow Report- Mt. Mansfield

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Snow Report- Mt. Mansfield

I just came off Mansfield after a quick scouting hike up to the summit. Things are looking good for October!

Only about 4-5 Inches down around 2,300-2,400 near the trailhead.

20131026_151102.jpg

Up above 4,000 was another story. I was finding fairly consistent snow around 8-10 inches with drifts of 2 Feet+. I'll tell you it really felt good to sink into snow above my knees!

20131026_162334.jpg

The wind was blowing hard and it was near white out conditions up top. I dug a pit to measure some of the drifting.

20131026_162639.jpg

20131026_163418.jpg

Sweet, looks Wintry, nice picks, thanks for the stoke!

Sent from my DROID X2 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Leave no turn unstoned!

That is why I love Stowe. My other half is ready to kill me if I talk any more about winter...... Thanks for taking and posting the pics.

There's always snow at Stowe was an old saying back in the days before snow making.

Some things never change.

Bring your rock boards and mark up that fresh snow for us! Thanks for the stoke. May you have a great season season exploring Mansfield and the Notch!
    "I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." - H. D. Thoreau

I love Stowe!!! Favorite place to ski.

That is just plain awesome!

As hideously overpriced as the lift tickets are, it's still a great mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by KD7000 View Post
    That is just plain awesome!

As hideously overpriced as the lift tickets are, it's still a great mountain.
    Couldn't agree more, still may be my fav in NE. I haven't been in years due to their astronomical prices, and scarcity of discounts. I'm thinking of joining my local ski club, $10, just to get in on Stowe's ski club/ council appreciation days. You can ski for as little as $31.40, five day, $46, single day. http://www.stowe.com/groups/council/

Sent on my new, 2 year old, DROID X2 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Last edited by Cornhead; Oct 27, 2013 at 11:06 AM.
    Leave no turn unstoned!

Less then 90 minutes to Catskills and 5 miles from the great Sams point
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornhead View Post
    Couldn't agree more, still may be my fav in NE. I haven't been in years due to their astronomical prices, and scarcity of discounts. I'm thinking of joining my local ski club, $10, just to get in on Stowe's ski club/ council appreciation days. You can ski for as little as $31.40, five day, $46, single day. http://www.stowe.com/groups/council/

Ski Vermont Card also has great deals for Stowe can't wait to ski here this year.

Stowe prices

Quote Originally Posted by Cornhead View Post

Just a couple of things on the lift ticket prices. Yes, Stowe is definitely the most expensive on the east costs. However, if you buy a Vermont Travel Club card (I think I paid $40 for it), you get up to $27 off a regular ticket price. Also, purchasing online can save you some money off the regular window ticket price ($98 compared to &84). Not sure if they will do this again this year, but last year the week after president week was on $54 per day (using your E-card, purchased online). I never heard of the club discount appreciation days, but what a great deal. Now I just need to find a local club in southeastern PA to join. Anyone a member of club down here, let me know. Thanks

Thread Information