• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hermitage club

gmcunni

i don't think it is insane but it certainly caters to a specific market, one i'm not part of.

The Hermitage Club is the only private Ski Club on the East Coast.
Our 1,400-acre spectacular private mountain enclave is nestled
in the tranquil mountains of Southern Vermont’s Deerfield Valley.

one-year membership in our year-round private ski club
Retail Value: $15,000

• Unlimited skiing for primary member
• 100 guest ski passes
• Unlimited use of The Hermitage Club golf course and carts for primary member and immediate family members
• 10 free rounds of golf for guests. For additional rounds, guests may play for 10% off weekend rates and 15% off mid-week rates for course and carts
• Unlimited use of the driving range
• Complimentary use of Nordic ski and snowshoeing trails, ice skating rink, tubing hill, fitness center and hot tubs

Discounts
15% Off
» Gift Shop
» Accommodations at the Hermitage Inn
» Personal snowmobile storage
» Food & beverage at the Inn, Clubhouse and golf course (excludes alcoholic beverages)

10% Off
» Snowmobile tours
» Horse-drawn sleigh rides
» Spa treatments
» Shuttle service
» Rentals: mountain bikes, Nordic skis, ice skates and snowshoes
» Golf Club Pro Shop

yeggous

i don't think it is insane but it certainly caters to a specific market, one i'm not part of.

I can understand their market after having seen the lines at Okemo and Stratton on my rare visits. I do not understand how people can tolerate the prices and crowds of Southern Vermont. I can understand someone from the mid-Atlantic paying a higher price for an escape from the crowds. I don't see real New Englanders paying that kind of money when you could just drive elsewhere and escape the lifelines.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

gmcunni

Agreed. If I were a member, I'd rather see a HSQ and the cost savings invested elsewhere.

i think it is a matter of " the guys up the street have this stuff, why don't we"

driving a toyota costs less than the lexus but i'm guessing there are more lexus in the parking lot @ HC than toyota

vonski

And I want to sit and ride with my other friends in comfort on that lift. I hope Magic can make a deal for the chairs off that triple could use them on the Black lift maybe!!!???

Domeskier

Bubble lift sounds like a poor man's gondola. I guess those lawsuits from the state are starting to take their toll!

drjeff

Agreed. If I were a member, I'd rather see a HSQ and the cost savings invested elsewhere.

You have to remember that many of their members like, and are very used to the Bluebird at Mount Snow and want the same type of lift for their comfort at The Hermitage

Jcb890

You have to remember that many of their members like, and are very used to the Bluebird at Mount Snow and want the same type of lift for their comfort at The Hermitage

Not gonna lie, I love the feel of the chairs for the Bluebird at Mount Snow. Nice padding all around, no holes for anything to fall through behind you. Solid back-piece for your back and ass to sit up against. It is a nice chair. The lines suck and I'm not a huge fan of being 6-wide, but other than that the lift is awesome.

mriceyman

1.4 mil for a 2 br condo.. Not too shabby

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

drjeff

Just wondering, where this "statistic" is coming from?

No concrete data, just what I hear from a few friends that I have that are members and what they say that they've heard from the ownership there. They realize what many members, who just by proximity sake have been, and in many cases still are Mount Snow skiers, got used to with the Bluebird, and they (the Hermitage) want to make sure that their members are happy - so my info is literally from multiple members mouths

slatham

$15k insane, unless you can be there all the time and have lots of friends who will pay you for your 100 comp tickets and 10 rounds of golf.

Assume $75 lift tickets. 100 free passes =$7,500.
Assume $50 round of golf. 10 free passes = $500

So now you're at $7k for a winter of skiing, plus the other benefits. So all you need to do to break even at $75 ticket price is ski 93 days!

Or course I will bet good money that none of the membership skis 93 days.

Me, I'm buying passes to Bromley and Magic again and keeping the nearly $14k for other purposes!

Newpylong

Six pack is overkill for a private club!

If they have the money, what's the point of not going for a 6 and letting the whole family sit on the same chair? Price increment from 4 to 6 is couch change for these people.

Did they really need quads to get from the Inn and Lower mountains to the main mountain? No.

Throw normal resort economics out the window with the Hermitage.

Jcb890

$15k insane, unless you can be there all the time and have lots of friends who will pay you for your 100 comp tickets and 10 rounds of golf.

Assume $75 lift tickets. 100 free passes =$7,500.
Assume $50 round of golf. 10 free passes = $500

So now you're at $7k for a winter of skiing, plus the other benefits. So all you need to do to break even at $75 ticket price is ski 93 days!

Or course I will bet good money that none of the membership skis 93 days.

Me, I'm buying passes to Bromley and Magic again and keeping the nearly $14k for other purposes!

I don't disagree, but we can't think like this when it comes to operations like this. The Hermitage Club is for the 1%'ers who most likely could not care less about the cost of the membership. They just want to be able to take the family up to the mountain and not be bothered by anyone who is not a 1%'er like they are. If they were really worried about the price and other things, they certainly wouldn't be signing up for a club like this at an inferior mountain.

Like others have said, it isn't about the economics of it or the terrain you are skiing. It is basically an exclusive social club.