• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stupid November

thetrailboss

Staff member
I saw on FB that Sunday River was blowing on many different runs off Barker and Locke.

4aprice

:lol: Happy to serve! As said, look for deals with Southwest and JetBlue. SLC is also a major Delta hub, so they run some deals every now and then. It is less than an hour from SLC Airport to Alta.

Sure there are good deals to Denver, but look at how far it is from DEN to the resort you want to visit. With the exception of Loveland or A-Basin it can be a haul. And 70 can be nasty.

Within one hour of SLC you've got:

* Sundance (yes, it is Robert Redford's resort and it is pretty cool actually);
* Alta-Snowbird;
* Brighton/Solitude
* Canyons-Park City Resort-Deer Valley
* Snowbasin

And a few minutes more to Powder Mountain.

SLC has some nice accommodations...Little America or Grand America are posh.

Been taking Salt Lake vacations since 2003 when BIL bought the place in Cottonwood Heights.

I actually wouldn't mind the trip through Colorado and 2 or 3 days skiing there. Not only that but enjoying the intermountain west which I haven't done enough of. The hardest part will be convincing the wife (prices may do that) who likes to fly door to door. We are boardering on empty nest status so I hope to do a little more traveling in the future. I've hit most of the I-70 areas in the past but there are still some other lesser gems to explore. Enjoy the fresh snow you people out there, jealousy runs wild.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Riverskier

I saw on FB that Sunday River was blowing on many different runs off Barker and Locke.

I was there yesterday. They were blowing on the Punches, T2, Jungle Road, Cascades, Jims Whim, Right Stuff, and Lazy River. The guns were top to bottom when I left at 1:30. They are VERY close to top to bottom on Sunday Punch. For some it already was. :wink:

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Well Saturday was a beautiful day to finish up the yardwork, now it's brisk and cold and I'm ready for the snoowwwww!

JDMRoma

I hiked Saturday up near Waterville, It was a great day to be out Hiking but Ill be honest I was dreaming of skiing the whole time !
Did my yard work on Sunday, definitely had more fun on the Welch Dickey hike :)
I done with all the leaves shit…Let it snow !