Gallery and News question.

AlpineZone

Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1

    Gallery and News question.

    1) Can the Gallery host small videos as well as images?



    2) How does one submit news/event things on the main page?

  2. #2
    Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Thomaston, CT
    Posts
    31,083
    Quote Originally Posted by tcharron View Post
    1) Can the Gallery host small videos as well as images?
    Currently, no. I'd like to come up with a video directory, but we don't have the bandwidth/disk space to store everyone's videos at this point. If you don't have your own hosting space, try Google Video or YouTube. BTW, if you use YouTube, you can embed your videos using [youtube] BB code. Example:



    Quote Originally Posted by tcharron View Post
    2) How does one submit news/event things on the main page?
    Press releases can be sent to editor@alpinezone.com
    I ski double black diamonds.

  3. #3
    hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    flatlands of Mass.
    Posts
    5,477
    That's real nice, Greg...I didn't know you were putting AZ videos out on YouTube.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Currently, no. I'd like to come up with a video directory, but we don't have the bandwidth/disk space to store everyone's videos at this point. If you don't have your own hosting space, try Google Video or YouTube. BTW, if you use YouTube, you can embed your videos using [youtube] BB code.
    Press releases can be sent to editor@alpinezone.com
    Nice, thanks for the youtube info, I'll probrably end up using that.

    The news info I was asking because the pages seem to be fairly targeted from certain areas. I personally know of things going on in the area that don't get listed, wasn't sure if individuals can submit articles, or pointers to announcements, or if they need to come direct from the ski areas.

  5. #5
    Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Thomaston, CT
    Posts
    31,083
    Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    That's real nice, Greg...I didn't know you were putting AZ videos out on YouTube.
    Thanks. Couple more.

    Ski Sundown, CT: 12/10/06 (night)


    Hunter Mountain, NY: 12/8/2006


    Mount Snow, Vermont: 11/25/2006


    Ths Snow one is a little lame as there are a bunch of stills in there. I have higher res versions of my vids here:

    http://www.gregblasko.com/skivids/
    I ski double black diamonds.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:56 PM.