• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Incoming!!!!!

4aprice

I'll believe it when I see it. OTOH I am scheduled to be in Vermont (Castleton) next weekend, the ski's are at the shop getting their pre-season tune, and I could be ready to go at the drop of a hat.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

The Sneak

Whoever gets the goods within a 4 hr radius of southern RI and are spinning a chair. Rock skis are ready.

catsup948

This storm is going to get the hype machine rolling! Great snowmaking weather before the potential storm. Would be a great opening weekend for several southern Vermont mountains! This is a ways out but the pattern will be pretty good for a potential early season storm. A big miss would be a waste! I say pouring rain near the coast and big storm for interior northeast! Fingers crossed!

ZYDECORICH

If this does happen it could get dicey down my way. Any heavy amounts could start snapping branches on the oaks which still have plenty of leaves on them. I'm all for the snow but we did this two years ago with no power for 7 days. I could do without that again.

Puck it

Rookie mistake, I know. I'm still young, I'll learn.

Here is what a professional's vehicle look like, so you can leave on a moment's notice. Gloves, helmet and googles are in a basket behind front seat. Poles are underneath the skis.

truckback.jpg

ScottySkis

http://www.liveweatherblogs.com/ind...discussion&groupid=8&topicid=52170&Itemid=179

[h=2]Euro Morning Jackpot ! Perfect Spot for Snow![/h]

Share this

Good morning all,

Blog theme song... I won't back down (Tom Petty)

Well I won't back down, no I won't back down
You could stand me up at the gates of model town
But I won't back down

Gonna stand my ground, won't be turned around
And I'll keep this GFS from draggin' me down
Gonna stand my ground and I won't back down

[Chorus:]
Hey baby, there ain't no easy way out
Hey I will stand my ground
And I won't back down

The model is so on right now as the upgraded GFS battles the very good mid range Euro and if you want snow in a few days the Euro is the way to go. The run from just a few hours ago is about as perfect as you can get for a mid November snowstorm and ya gotta start to wonder about how these two models 3 runs in a row are going the opposite direction right now. here is a look at the Euro...

Screen_Shot_2013-11-08_at_7.18.59_AM.png

ScottySkis

So we have the Euro with the "nor'easter" idea holding steady and the GFS saying huh what storm. Now as a forecaster you have to go with the trending of the models and see how things will start to play out early next week to wet-up mid week.

MY THINKING ON THE EURO THIS MORNING...

Ya just gotta give this model credit plain and simple. Sure we'll see that track bounce around a bit the next few days but man it has that nor'easter lined up a few runs in a row now and knows exactly how it wants to play this out. The GFS will have an important run today that will show us how good or bad this model has become. We will look back at this blog about 150 hours from now and see what really goes down as far as the November Nor'easter of 2013.

Have fun with all the model watching it's why you love weather in the first place....ahhh the chase of the storm...the unknown and the anticipation of it all.

We all love snow but can we get a SNOW DAY...that is the question and if you follow the EURO this morning the answer would be YES. This model run did get my attention a bit more this morning not for the fact that it has snow, it's the model run after a model run of a nasty nor'easter. THINK SNOW!

Blog started by rob guarino , on 1 hour ago
You need to be a member of this group before you can participate in this discussion

Victor C
This storm does look perfect but what storm is lol?!?! Sunday, we will see the merge of both models and have a 1-3 on grass.
3 minutes ago

Rob Brown
I'm back! Wow, it's been a while since last winter but it seems our first winter storm is on the horizon. Rob - so do you see the GFS catching up with the euro? Which model are you favoring?
36 minutes ago

Marcus wild
Today gonna be interesting at the 12z. 00z euro ens were pretty east of the op. We may lose this one today. We'll see around 2pm!
38 minutes ago

Nick
Hahah we got a chance Aaron Rogers is hurt
53 minutes ago

rob guarino
Eagles win over the Packers than a snowstorm lock….Now that would be a Sunday Funday
1 hour ago

Nick
Wow the fight continues!
1 hour ago

Neversnowsinpa
I almost edited to say that Scoopy. LOL

1 hour ago

scoopy
We lock in after the Eagles WIN Sunday.......Neversnowinpa...lol
1 hour ago

Neversnowsinpa
Well, this surely seems to be getting interesting. New GFS, same as the old GFS? Euro holding court again.

But, there is still time for adjustment.

When do you think we start locking in, Sunday after Eagles game?
1 hour ago

View all (9)

[h=2]Other Groups[/h]

Show all

[h=2].[/h]

Show all

MEET THE STAFF/BLOGGERS

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
Here is what a professional's vehicle look like, so you can leave on a moment's notice. Gloves, helmet and googles are in a basket behind front seat. Poles are underneath the skis.

View attachment 9470

Sweet P01's! The Icelantics don't travel?

The gear on the hangers is a nice touch, though. I'm in a Mazda3 with a car seat in the back, so it's a little more cramped.

Puck it

Sweet P01's! The Icelantics don't travel?

The gear on the hangers is a nice touch, though. I'm in a Mazda3 with a car seat in the back, so it's a little more cramped.

No for those or the Skilogiks yet. The P01's are for the early season. The truck becomes a two seater for the winter.

wa-loaf

If it busts, blame me!! :lol: I have an appointment (made 2 weeks ago BTW) to get the snowtires put on one of my families vehicles this coming Monday, and on my lists of chores to do this coming weekend is put the patio furniture away and get the snowblower ready for the season. That might be just far too much "anti snow" karma to allow this potential storm to happen ;)

I'm waiting until December for my snows to cancel you out!

catsup948

Too much cold dry air makes this a whiff for New England! This storm is no where near land on a lot of models. This is far away though things could change. I love getting excited for winter storms again though!

wa-loaf

Too much cold dry air makes this a whiff for New England! This storm is no where near land on a lot of models. This is far away though things could change. I love getting excited for winter storms again though!

Hey, go ruin someone else's party! We're going to grab the most favorable scenario and go with until it goes bust!

bigbog

Was just so nice to get outside this morning in our all too brief dusting/squall.....:smile:
We get more cold air and flurries from Canada...

Last edited:

catsup948

Hey, go ruin someone else's party! We're going to grab the most favorable scenario and go with until it goes bust!
I'm not trying to ruin parties. I'm just keeping it real! I love tracking storms, this thing has just totally disappeared. I would love if it came back.

wa-loaf

just going to be some flurries or a dusting tomorrow morning ...

Cannonball

just going to be some flurries or a dusting tomorrow morning ...

Maybe. Depends on where you are. Mt Wash Obs has this to say.....

"Overnight, a strong cold front will cross the region bringing continued summit fog and snow. Conditions are prime for the formation of snow squalls, which may deliver localized moderate to heavy snow along with strong winds that may generate white out conditions overnight. As the cold front passes, temperatures will plummet and winds will increase once again. This will result in a wind chill advisory from sunset today until noon Tuesday. Tuesday, summit fog will linger, but snow showers should taper as drier air works in at the surface from a building ridge of Canadian High pressure. The northwesterly flow ahead of the high will remain strong and keep temperatures well below normal especially considering that it is only mid-November. New snowfall today will be a trace to two inches; overnight will average 1 to 3 inches but areas where squalls form may see several inches to nearly a foot...."

I'm hearing that the Euro put out a widespread 1-2 inches in the Boston metro area. An accumulating band is supposed to set up over the south shore as a weak low pressure system develops at the tail of the front.

We shall see...