• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

anyone have experience with the Rossi E88?

Bene288

Was checking out the Rossi E78 and E88 at the local ski shop, seems like a good ski for east coast hard pack and occasional powder. Anyone own or have demoed these?

yeggous

I have never skies the E78, but I think it is an intermediate cruising ski. I would spend more money for something better.

I have the E88. It is playful (likes to turn) compared to a lot of its peers. It really likes to make short to medium turns and be up on edge. This is my daily driver for mixed snow conditions. It works great on the relatively soft groomers. It is intended as a versatile ski which makes it less than optimal in the deep freshies or hardpack. It is not intended as a big mountain charger or technical carver.

It will ski hard snow, but it is not built to bite the bulletproof stuff. If you don't have a frontside ski and ski mostly groomers, go with something stiffer and narrower.

For a lot of people who stick to the high-traffic resorts, this will work as a "powder" ski. It does not have the width to handle more than a few inches of fresh snow, but at busy areas the snow is tracked out in an hour anyways. The E88 does very well with this cut up, bumpy soft snow. If you ski the big mountains of northern New England (Cannon, Wildcat, Stowe, Jay, Burke, Sugarloaf, Saddleback), then you will want something wider.

Bene288

It looked and felt like a really nice ski. I want to add a new set to my quiver. I currently ski the Atomic Theory and they're great. But they do have their place.