Wilderness First Aid, Nov. 2013 - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I've been thinking about taking one of these classes for a while - are they just run through the AMC? I'd like to know more about winter hiking injuries in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by ijenn View Post
    I've been thinking about taking one of these classes for a while - are they just run through the AMC? I'd like to know more about winter hiking injuries in particular.
    Any group can sponsor a class. I've taken them at different AMC branches and also at a college (sponsored by an outing club.) Most of the courses (not all) in the Eastern US are run by Solo Schools, which is based out of North Conway NH. http://www.soloschools.com/ Solo lists most of the courses they teach on their web site. It also describes the curricula.
    Sent from my TACPOD (Tactical Airborne Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence Pod) using Satellite TADIL J Alternate Gateway Controller (Alternate STGC) via Blackjack

That's a great resource! I think the outing club I'm part of might have a few classes, actually - I hadn't thought about taking it through them. Thank you!

Items for Sale
    Good, always useful to know stuff billski.. Would like to follow up after doing a few online certs....ya' know, nothing like actually doing it in person.

SteveD

Thread Information