• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Recommendations for weekend hike with girlfriend

Fenderjelly

I am planning on taking my new girlfriend hiking for a weekend and am kind of new to the area. Any suggestions for pretty 2-day hikes in either southern or western MA? We are both pretty active so it doesn't have to be a super easy hike. Just want a chance to hang out, get some exercise, and attempt not to embarrass myself.

Huck_It_Baby

I've never hiked in Mass but one place on my hit list has always been Mt. Greylock.

Probably worth checking into!

twinplanx

I wonder if there will be a second backpacking adventure with this girlfriend...?

Sent from my SCH-S735C using Tapatalk

Huck_It_Baby

I wonder if there will be a second backpacking adventure with this girlfriend...?

Sent from my SCH-S735C using Tapatalk

Haha. Hiking is always something I have done with my new GF's over the years. Maybe it's a compatibility test I like to throw at them.

bangarang

We've been exploring a bunch of the Holyoke mountain range, right by Hadley/Amherst area. I'm sure you could link some trails together and do a long day hike.

Fenderjelly

Haha. Hiking is always something I have done with my new GF's over the years. Maybe it's a compatibility test I like to throw at them.

Ha! We have survived a few hiking trips so far. Now to see if we will survive the cycling trips when spring rolls around!

Fenderjelly

Awesome! I lived in WV for 4 years and did several sections of the Appalachian trail. I somehow always forget that it isn't really that far away.

ijenn

I would definitely recommend Copake Falls in southwestern Mass or Eastern NY! It's beautiful out there and a short hike to the falls, with the opportunity to do longer ones on the Long Trail. There are also cabins and campsites to rent!