• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

List of Open Ski Areas for the Weekend

steamboat1

Don't forget Stowe officially opens to the public this Saturday also.

This Saturday, November 23rd, is our opening day for the 2013-2014 winter season!

Our mountain operations team continues to work hard in order to give you the most possible skiable terrain for opening weekend. Mother Nature is also cooperating with good cold temperatures and an inch of new snow in the last 24 hours. Temperatures on the mountain as of Tuesday afternoon are in the teens on the upper half of the mountain, and in the low 20s at the base.

Those are high-yield snowmaking temperatures, and we have the snow guns running today on the following trails: Fifth Avenue, Standard, Crossover, Lower North Slope, Sepps Run, Inspiration, Slalom Hill, Easy Street, and lastly, we have now started making snow on Liftline! The snow guns were fired up around midnight last night and we will continue to make snow on those same trails for as long as temperatures allow this week.

The plan for our upcoming opening weekend is to have intermediate and advanced skiing & riding available off of the FourRunner Quad on Mount Mansfield. We plan to have skiing & riding for all ability levels over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend, with the opening of beginner terrain at Spruce Peak on November 28.

Last edited:

andrec10

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter..
Don't forget Stowe officially opens to the public this Saturday also.

This Saturday, November 23rd, is our opening day for the 2013-2014 winter season!

Our mountain operations team continues to work hard in order to give you the most possible skiable terrain for opening weekend. Mother Nature is also cooperating with good cold temperatures and an inch of new snow in the last 24 hours. Temperatures on the mountain as of Tuesday afternoon are in the teens on the upper half of the mountain, and in the low 20s at the base.

Those are high-yield snowmaking temperatures, and we have the snow guns running today on the following trails: Fifth Avenue, Standard, Crossover, Lower North Slope, Sepps Run, Inspiration, Slalom Hill, Easy Street, and lastly, we have now started making snow on Liftline! The snow guns were fired up around midnight last night and we will continue to make snow on those same trails for as long as temperatures allow this week.

The plan for our upcoming opening weekend is to have intermediate and advanced skiing & riding available off of the FourRunner Quad on Mount Mansfield. We plan to have skiing & riding for all ability levels over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend, with the opening of beginner terrain at Spruce Peak on November 28.

I have to say, Stowe is not cheap, but you get your monies worth!

steamboat1

I have to say, Stowe is not cheap, but you get your monies worth!
I only ski there on ski club/council appreciation days. Two day ticket is only $69 I think, $46 for one day. They have quite a few of them this year. I also use one of my Ski VT. Passes there as well. Walk up window rate is $98 but if you purchase your ticket on line ahead of time the rate is $84 which is a very competitive rate I think.

edit: early season rate is $68 up until 12/6. That's a dollar less than what K is charging right now. Yes Stowe has a reputation for being expensive but that's only true if you pay retail. Their first ski club/council appreciation days this year are 12/6-12/8.

Last edited:

ScottySkis

Sugarbush is open for season pass holders this Friday, and for everyone else on Saturday just saw it posted on Facebook.:)

Tin

Crotched started blasting Plutos and Meteor judging by the webcam. Think their plan was the weekend.after Turkey Day.

xwhaler

Waterville says they are opening this Saturday---checking the interactive trail map they only report snowmaking on High Country and the J Bar area. Upload on the HSQ and then get on the High Country and lap that before downloading?
If that is it I can't imagine too many non-pass holders would choose that over Loon or BW.

Last edited:

Zand

They actually do that a lot.Seems pretty useless to me.

Back when Waterville used to use High Country to be one of the first areas open, it seemed like a decent idea to start up there. At this point with so many other areas already open with multiple top to bottom runs, I absolutely agree that it's completely useless.