• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Anybody skied with Marker bindings lately?

jack97

Just wondering if anybody skied with the Marker's bindings royal series. I (and prolly lots of folks) have associated their bindings with the novel pre release feature. This happened to me in the bumps a couple of times so I switched over to Look/Rossi bindings ever since. Seems the latest series have claimed to solved this problem and they added some cool features; the jester is the lightest on the market. The schizo options allows for 60 mm (2.36 inches) stance adjustment, meaning it can be moved to a forward or centered mount.

I figure with the new technology in skis and boots, having that stance adjustment is a good way to get dialed in.

wa-loaf

I've never had an issue with Markers. My Dukes are pretty bombproof as well as the one's on my race tigers. Just got some Jesters on sale for my new Rossi's.

Hawkshot99

I own Dukes and Griffons right now. Over the years I have owned many pairs of Dukes, Jesters and Griffons. Never any problems. I am not a huge fan of the Squire level on down though. They do jot release as well.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

JDMRoma

I have Griffon Schizo's on my Gotama's, set in the Neutral mount position +1 forward is where I'm riding them
here….waiting till I get out west at Christmas to play with them in the Pow !!

jack97

Thanks for the feedback. I'll keep an eye on them for the right price but the MSRP sets the mark down hard to compete with other bindings.

KevinF

I have Marker Griffon's on three of my skis... never had an issue. I've been skiing Marker's for years and years and I've never had a rash of "pre-release" issues like they supposedly are susceptible to...

BackLoafRiver

I have 3 pair of griffons and some new barons. The griffs have all been great. No pre-release or slop. Looking forward to using the barons as soon as I can take the Wailers out

Madroch

Just put comp 16 or something like that on volkls because i got a deal

jack97

Just put comp 16 .....

Comp series has the biometric tech, what ever that is.

For what's its worth, lots of the bumpers hated the old makers b/c of the lack of elastic travel. If you hit a bump hard or hit it the wrong way, you won't pop out. The look/rossi/dynastar series published the elastic travel for various models. Marker's royal series has some absorption and elasticity before it releases but they don't publish numbers for that parameter.

Glenn

My wife and I are on Squires...no issues for the past 2.25 seasons. I've skied pretty much everything on mine; carving on groomers, bumps, trees, park.

wa-loaf

Check out the Tyrolia Attack if you want something like the Griffon, but want to steer away from Marker.