• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Cooper, Leadville, CO 11/18/13

snoseek

I came here in January 2012. The 11-12 season was pretty bad. A Basin didn't even make it halfway through May.
12-13 Season much better, but still not that good according to locals who've been here a while.

This season (13-14) seems to be off to a good start. I don't know how the snow patterns are supposed to look on a normal year, but so far it seems like it's 8-12 inches then 7-10 days of absolutely nothing. Some areas (like Steamboat) are off to a much better start than the rest of the ski areas thus far.

But let me know if you come here. Always looking for a BC partner!
07-08 and 08-09 were great years. If I ever lived in Colorado again it would be western slope all the way, or more likely Utah. BTW got some homies out there reporting deep soft snow at powderhorn. Either way I vacation Colorado on the shoulder seasons and will be doing the abasin/Loveland thing right around the first of May...