• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Marketplace

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Yes, always buyer beware. I just setup a new Gear Swap section, separate from the Gear section, as the classifieds tie in with a forum.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Looks good but I had trouble finding it without searching for this thread.

Yeah I will put a link in the menu bar. I just wanted to have some feedback first before I wholesale implemented it.

When you make a new listing, it automatically cross-posts to the new Gear subforum I created ("Gear Swap").

I have to dig around. There may be some cost for using the service (e.g. paypal fees), but its more structured and might be worth it. I think the cost is pretty small.

I'll try listing something :)

wa-loaf

So the listing is fine in the marketplace. But where on AZ is it supposed to show up. Panjo sends me a link to the listing and supposedly the crossposted thread, but when I follow that I get "you don't have permission to view this".

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
So the listing is fine in the marketplace. But where on AZ is it supposed to show up. Panjo sends me a link to the listing and supposedly the crossposted thread, but when I follow that I get "you don't have permission to view this".

Thanks for being the guinea pig :) let me check....

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I had a setting wrong for an invalid subforum. I fixed it now. I'm not sure if it will appropriately redirect though for your post.

I also only have one category so far (Ski Gear), I'm not sure if I should create more or not. I guess I will start by seeing how much we get into it.

Cannonball

I like what you've done with creating the 'marketplace' section. It still doesn't quite address the key problem, which is that the paid "daily gear deals" sub-forum dominates the whole "Gear and Equipment Forum". When viewing the forums as a whole (from the index view) 99% of the time the paid ad holds court as the "last post" in the gear section making it seem like there is no other new activity in that forum unless you go looking for it.

Not exactly a big deal at all. But I think someone (BigBog?) made this comment awhile back and that was what prompted you to make changes. If that was the goal...you're not quite there.

bigbog

That's it Cannonball, but doesn't phase me Nick, I'm still workin on mods/repairs to the Xterra..lol. Am afraid first several days will again be on the green machine...iM72..lol, OR maybe a demoed powski....

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Yeah. I think the Index View is the last holdover. Let me see if I can find a way to prevent it from showing there, so the only way to see those is to click into that subforum

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Really? I didn't change anything. Maybe you were just looking at it at the right time :)

The only place I think I need to change it on the LAST POST on the forum home page. It shouldn't show up in Whats New