• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Thanksgiving Week Storm

twinplanx

I definitely think that the Greens could get anywhere from 1-6 inches on the backside. It all hinges on how much cold air can rotate back into the system.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

So, how much snow was on the backside of this storm? Although temps have dropped significantly this was all rain event where I live...

Sent from my SCH-S735C using Tapatalk

dlague

Wow, I'm surprised people aren't interested in this storm. This could be a great way to kick off the winter and could help build snowpack early.

I was very interested and even planning on ditching the relatives on thanksgiving. However, early reports came out that this might be a rain event and I was bummed. Lots of rain followed by a refreeze - not good! At least some places got snow on the backside!

Bene288

I was very interested and even planning on ditching the relatives on thanksgiving. However, early reports came out that this might be a rain event and I was bummed. Lots of rain followed by a refreeze - not good! At least some places got snow on the backside!

Yeah and at least it wasn't as much rain as initially forecasted. Some places were talking an inch or two but I don't think anyone got slammed that bad. Cold temps forecasted for snow making, should be nice out there in a few days to a week.

hiroto

Jay Peak is reporting 8-13 inches of new snow in last 24 hours and 16 inches in 48 hours. I wonder how much of rain they got in the mix.