• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Anyone have experience with the Smith I/OX goggles?

Bene288

Going to spring for some nice goggles this year. Are the frames on the smiths really big? I don't have an overly large head. I just really like the quick lens switch option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawkshot99

The I/O X is the largest member of the I/O family(it is also glasses compatible). They are bigger than the standard I/O, but not massive. I am not a fan of huge goggles as they don't fit very well with helmets for me. But the I/O X would be ok to me for wearing with a helmet (for size comparison on my face I consider the Oakley Crowbar to be a perfect size). If you are worried that they are to big, you go for the standard I/O. Still is a quick change goggle, roughly the same effort as the X, but a smaller frame.

Bene288

Great, thanks for help! I would go with the I/O then. I don't use a helmet so that wouldn't be an issue, however I'm not a fan of huge frames either.

Hawkshot99

Here is a pic of the standard i/o and the x side by side for comparison. The x is on the right.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1385331639669.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1385331639669.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 24

Bene288

Looks like the I/OX is more lens and less frame. Which are sturdier? Is there a big difference in peripheral view?

Hawkshot99

The x looks like it is more lens compared to frame in that pic. I should have chosen a different color than black/black. The regular I/o looks more fram because of the quick change mechanism. It is bigger than the x. The x has a bigger field of view as it is a slightly bigger frame. They both seem equaly sturdy.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2